Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spraying a couple of fiberglass parts with white out of a can. Will the finish hold up or look better with clear on it?

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
Is it automotive grade paint? Or Tremclad? poon

If it is an acrylic enamel, you can clear it. Depending on how shiney you want it... or how crappy you are to your car's paint on a daily basis.

Good news is you can't really screw up white. Unless you are painting over a red base. eek! nono

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good ole Rustoleum! Just want to make them match until I get the whole car painted beginning of next year but didn't want all the paint to come off the first time I wash it nono headbang

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
CallMeMud:
Good ole Rustoleum! Just want to make them match until I get the whole car painted beginning of next year but didn't want all the paint to come off the first time I wash it nono headbang
You are going to have to properly strip those parts when it comes time to paint. Autopaint and Rustpaint don't jive well. You'd be better off getting some generic white spraybombs from an auto-paint store (NAPA?) and saving yourself the hassle later of sanding the rustoleum off (you can't use aircraft strippers nono )

I consider a primer too. yup

·
Registered
633 Posts
heh...Rustoleum, don't we all just love Northern cars? It should come with it from the factory. dunno :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts