Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a pair of bucket seats today. The seller told me that they're from an '84 GN. The seats have the Buick "6" emblem at the top of the seat backs, with leather inserts in the middle of the seats and cloth on the headrests, and bolsters on the seat backs and seat bottoms. There are also adjuster knobs on the seat bottoms and seat backs to adjust the "tightness" of the bolsters on both. Also there is an adjustable pad on the seat bottoms, that can be adjusted to provide more comfort behind the knees. The seller told me that this particular seat was only available on the GN for possibly 1 or 2 years (1984 & 1985). He's supposed to be sending me a photo of the service parts ID label from the car, to see if I can get the RPO code for these seats. I'm not good at posting pictures, or I'd post some. Has anyone here ever heard about this type of seat, or seen a pair like this? I'm just looking for some verification of what they are & when they were available. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
seats

I picked up a pair of bucket seats today. The seller told me that they're from an '84 GN. The seats have the Buick "6" emblem at the top of the seat backs, with leather inserts in the middle of the seats and cloth on the headrests, and bolsters on the seat backs and seat bottoms. There are also adjuster knobs on the seat bottoms and seat backs to adjust the "tightness" of the bolsters on both. Also there is an adjustable pad on the seat bottoms, that can be adjusted to provide more comfort behind the knees. The seller told me that this particular seat was only available on the GN for possibly 1 or 2 years (1984 & 1985). He's supposed to be sending me a photo of the service parts ID label from the car, to see if I can get the RPO code for these seats. I'm not good at posting pictures, or I'd post some. Has anyone here ever heard about this type of seat, or seen a pair like this? I'm just looking for some verification of what they are & when they were available. Thanks in advance.
Your Buddy is Right on all accounts on the seats , they did come only in 84 I do be leave, i have not seen them in 85 cars.:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
seats

Thanks very much folks, for your help.
No problem!I don't think there were a special seat,they were a seat they just put in the first year,They are a nice seat but not in that color:cheers.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Dan. I did some quick research, and it looks like they may have been available in 1985 as well, at least according to what I found. I found reproduction seat covers (expensive!), but I'm wondering if anyone knows of reproduction seat foams for this type of seat. I haven't found anything online. I'm guessing that since these were a low production option, and not many out there, that repro seat foams probably aren't available. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts