Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a tune up this weekend on my 84 T-Type. I gapped the spark plugs to 0.45 as specified by the parts store. I seem to now be reading they should be gapped at 0.35 , which one is correct?

I only have a flowmaster catback & a cone filter. Everything else is stock.

I wanted to add a chip but don't know which one. Any recomendations. I run 93 octane all the time with only those 2 modifications mentioned above. This is all I ever plan to do to this car. Should I leave the original chip or get a performance chip. What will I gain from it if my car is not heavily modified. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
035 is the correct value. 045 was for the normally aspirated cars as I recall. Lot's of listings show it incorrectly.

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Steve Wood:
035 is the correct value. 045 was for the normally aspirated cars as I recall. Lot's of listings show it incorrectly.
Yup.Dummies. dunno loser

·
Registered
52 Posts
Given your modifications and intent to keep your car where it is in performance, I'd strongly recommend a Thrasher chip....I'm assuming thrasher has the right data for the hot air cars.

I just put my stock chip back in and sold the Thrasher in anticipation of the arrival of a translator plus....Boy, it idles rough now.

Thrasher will do very well for you.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where can I get the trasher chip for my 84 T-Type. Is there a webpage with information on this chip? Also, what will I gain if I install one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts