Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hydra Station Supervisor
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a legend from where I live, south NJ which is near Philly in case you did not know. Anyway here is the legend, one time back in the 50s there was this guy who built his own car out of wood! The story I heard did not tell a whole lot about how he built it like if it had a frame made of steel or wood I do not know but he did buy an engine I think a chey V8 not sure but the body was wood. If you think that is weird wait till you here this, the guy who built it said it could time travel! :rolleyes: . According to him from the story since there was no metal around the car's engine, the engine would create a field that either speed up or slow down time. He would go to car shows a lot and tell people this story and say how driving down some roads sometime it would only take a little while to travel them while other times it would take forever to get down the same roads, he said it was due to the wooden car either speeding or slowing down time. After many years he got rid of the car when the moter became really worn and was burnning oil bad. Also he said he had a old truck (do not know what make it was) that would also do the same thing :rolleyes: I think the guy may have done a little :weed: or :alcohol: to come up with this time travel BS. I read this story in a local mag once and it had a few pictures of the wood car which was real, but the time travel stuff is just BS through. I throught this is a really weird story that some of you might like to hear.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Ahhhh, Yes. His Name is Billy Anderson. He builds wicked fast cars.Good guy to boot.

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
Never heard of that story and I have lived here my whole life. Sounds like an old folk tale.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
ive been here for 20 years now- my dads lived around the sicklerville/ceaderbrook area for 54 years- and we both have never heard that? and he was always big into the car scene

·
Full Head Of Hair!!!!
4,347 Posts
Can't say Ferret Joe has heard that one :dunno:

·
Hydra Station Supervisor
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As I said I read it in a mag years ago, I remember it had old pictures of the wood car it did not look bad but it was not a very clear picture so it could have looked bad in person.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
TSO Racer said:
EightSecv6 aka Billy Anderson..... He's a legend in his own mind. :D
Rome, are you gay for me or something? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
EightSecV6 said:
Rome, are you gay for me or something? :dunno:
>>>>>>> Don't get your hopes up Faggg, No I don't , but when I can get a Jab in I will.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts