Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Details............anyone who was there got any results??

Thanks

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I heard Elvis was given a length's headstart....one thing for sure, if he lost, he erased the results :rant:

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
Steve Wood said:
I heard Elvis was given a length's headstart....one thing for sure, if he lost, he erased the results :rant:

BWHAHAHAHA.... only because it was the Christian thing to do!!! Everybody's a winner!

·
It's the goFUR
1,757 Posts
The rules of that race state staging will be done with the rear wheels. Starting line performance is gauged using 40-foot times and speed is calculated at 1300 feet... :eek!:

Good to see the "racers board" knows how to race. Did they also double bulb each other as well? :rolleyes:

·
\l/ Were winners go!
2,017 Posts
Because of a few hours of inclimate weather,Travis dropped the T6p race so the regular race program could be run.So there are no results to post.

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK that answers my question.

With five more Buick events left in the year perhaps it can be rescheduled.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Lordy, well I just hope he was able to 'bless the track' as the poll over there determined should happen. :loser:

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
DCEPTCN said:
Lordy, well I just hope he was able to 'bless the track' as the poll over there determined should happen. :loser:
:rotflmao: :iagree:

Too funny!

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
2,327 Posts
DCEPTCN said:
I hear all sorts of stories from people how their pets "blessed" the new carpet or sofa and they seem less than impressed about it :dunno:

·
It's the goFUR
1,757 Posts
Otto J said:
Because of a few hours of inclimate weather,Travis dropped the T6p race so the regular race program could be run.So there are no results to post.
I'm sure it had nothing to do with the car count being low at the nats.... Maybe bowling green has a Wawa and they were having street racing with the locals so couldn't attend.

With only a few classes and many of those filled I doubt a few hours of rain would have effected anyone’s race program.

You’re spinning Otto….

·
It's the goFUR
1,757 Posts
rastaz said:
I hear all sorts of stories from people how their pets "blessed" the new carpet or sofa and they seem less than impressed about it :dunno:
Oh Rastaz, you made me spit out my coffee again! :D

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
TurboDiverArt said:
Oh Rastaz, you made me spit out my coffee again! :D

Stop buying cheap coffee!!

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Strange how the GSCA and other board claim great turnout and staging lanes full. The low or no turnout in the classes speak better truth :sw: Nothing to spin

·
It's the goFUR
1,757 Posts
gn85 said:
Stop buying cheap coffee!!
Hey Chris, coming to Norwalk?

I only drink cheap coffee, just like my beer!

Art.

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TurboDiverArt said:
The rules of that race state staging will be done with the rear wheels. Starting line performance is gauged using 40-foot times and speed is calculated at 1300 feet... :eek!:

Good to see the "racers board" knows how to race. Did they also double bulb each other as well? :rolleyes:
>>> While surfing the NHRA website I found this:

What is a Drag Race?
In basic terms, a drag race is an acceleration contest from a standing start between two vehicles over a measured distance at a specifically designed drag race facility. The accepted standard for that distance is either a quarter-mile or an eigth-mile. These contests are started by means of an electronic device commonly called a "Christmas Tree." Upon leaving the starting line, each contestant activates a timer which is, in turn, stopped when the same vehicle reaches the finish line. The start-to-finish clocking is the vehicle's E.T. (elapsed time), which serves to measure performance and often serves to determine handicaps during competition.

From personal experience I can honestly say I have been at more of the losing end of the above definition but I just wanted to go back to basics in my attempt to help unite a commuity.

Thank you and good night.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
TurboDiverArt said:

Someone posted that over there, but the thread disappeared in less than a half hour :dunno:

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
2,327 Posts
NJBuickRacer said:
Someone posted that over there, but the thread disappeared in less than a half hour :dunno:

A good e-racer always has his trusty eraser handy :yup:

·
It's the goFUR
1,757 Posts
Buicksx2 said:
>>> While surfing the NHRA website I found this:

What is a Drag Race?
In basic terms, a drag race is an acceleration contest from a standing start between two vehicles over a measured distance at a specifically designed drag race facility. The accepted standard for that distance is either a quarter-mile or an eigth-mile. These contests are started by means of an electronic device commonly called a "Christmas Tree." Upon leaving the starting line, each contestant activates a timer which is, in turn, stopped when the same vehicle reaches the finish line. The start-to-finish clocking is the vehicle's E.T. (elapsed time), which serves to measure performance and often serves to determine handicaps during competition.

From personal experience I can honestly say I have been at more of the losing end of the above definition but I just wanted to go back to basics in my attempt to help unite a commuity.

Thank you and good night.
Hey Rich, it doesn't say anything at all about starting with the front wheels. Guess the head of the racers board knows something we don't know... He'll have to show us that trick next time we see him at the track. Having a 15-foot start sure would help my win record, which is about on par with yours...

Art.

·
It's the goFUR
1,757 Posts
NJBuickRacer said:
You know Artie, I hate those damn "server problems". I think they must use the same tech support as the gsca board, they both seem to have the same chronic problem....

Art.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts