Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
nero v. 2.0
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...those at the meet, I think the oil is indeed leftovers from the faulty turbo drain gasket. No more oil since I swapped it out before the meet... but a new problem.

Sometimes at stop lights and more often when I shut down, I get smoke coming from the turbo area... don't know if it's something to do with my ported heads (ttypewe4jim) thought perhaps that, or something to do with the turbo (but I got this te44 last yr straight from limit) or if it's jsut the leftover oil burning....

Any thoughts?

-nero, the xtra paranoid one

mods in link in sig :cheers: :yup: :headbang:

·
RIP Nick Picozzi
2,311 Posts
The reason why I asked about the heads is that evry freaking set of heads that Ive gotten with bronze guides in them smoke :rant: Ive had no luck with them but its probely the seals for the turbo :mad:

*edit*

We now use Viton seals :6:

·
nero v. 2.0
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This sucks!!! I got the damn turbo from Limit.... last year!!! Hardly a year old...

Maybe I should wait till I check the blades of the turbo before I start freakin out! :headbang:

·
nero v. 2.0
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Turbo Is Gone!!!!!!!!!

Wheel Has Hella Play!!!!!!!!!!

Got It From Limit Less Than A Year Ago!!!!!

Wdf Wdf Wdf Wdf Wdf Wdffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

·
Registered
96 Posts
Damn

Make em eat it!!! That totally sux...best of luck with your situation though. What is the warranty like with them?

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
Explain the play in the wheel. Side to side, or up and down?

Is there oil in the intercooler pipes? How about the downpipe?

·
nero v. 2.0
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This weekend I'm giving it a THOROUGH investigation... play is both side to side and in andout, sadly! :( But as far as the hoses, Banning, I'll check 'em this weekend... oil STILL looks and smells good (thank goodness)!!!

Keep ya good folks posted! :cheers:

·
nero v. 2.0
3,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
T-Type twin said:
Make em eat it!!! That totally sux...best of luck with your situation though. What is the warranty like with them?

Don't know if I can do that, since I blew a headgasket and then the motor (crank n rods), so I doubt they'd honor that since I didn't tow it AS SOON AS the headgasket and motor symptoms occured (limped it home) which I understand....

We'll see what happens...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts