Turbo Buicks banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum i have a question on how to operate the SMC Meth Injection system...

I bought a 87 Grand National that was equipped with a late model SMC injection on it... I will like to know how do i mix the 50/50 ratio or can i just run straight meth or Denatured alcohol... Also what is a good starting point to put the spray speed & pump speed...

Thanks Alot

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,850 Posts
I am new to this forum i have a question on how to operate the SMC Meth Injection system...

I bought a 87 Grand National that was equipped with a late model SMC injection on it... I will like to know how do i mix the 50/50 ratio or can i just run straight meth or Denatured alcohol... Also what is a good starting point to put the spray speed & pump speed...

Thanks Alot
Welcome! Can you list what else is done to the car for mods. What chip are you running etc. As for the SMC straight methyl hydrate or denatured is fine. A start point try 12 min & 18-20 max for a test. You also have a knock detector of some sort I assume?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Welcome! Can you list what else is done to the car for mods. What chip are you running etc. As for the SMC straight methyl hydrate or denatured is fine. A start point try 12 min & 18-20 max for a test. You also have a knock detector of some sort I assume?
If he truly has a progressive smc kit with the external pump, that is good advice

·
Registered
115 Posts
If the kit is a few years old (round bottle with pump inside) you will have to use some sort of alky lube (Klotz,Redline etc) if you want to run straight Meth.

·
HOOAH!
777 Posts
Just as Just a Six says about mods etc...... I run Methenol as it cools better than alky and is about a third the price of Denatured Alchol. :usa:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts