Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's hopefully a few pics. of a bracket I had our toolmaker fabricate at work, yeah it's slow there right now.

It gets painted black or annodized clear, or black to stand up to the elements.

Mounts to the top radiator hold down metal bracket with the two existing 3/8" holes.

First design is on salvageV6 this is version 2 for the new GN. Small bracket gets mounted to the bottle with the existing hose clamps and studs with recessed nuts. Then you mount the bracket to the rad. hold down bracket and finally the two are held together with the third rectangular bracket. You can use rtv for cushioning if desired but it is very rigid anyway.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1297909&a=13604508

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No pic.'s yet of it installed I took these in the lab.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
not sure I understand it but it looks trick.

I am fixing to have to make something similar to work with my dual fans.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the small part bolts to the bottle with Steve's hose clamps with the studs on them. Next the large part goes on the rad. mount top piece with the existing holes used. Once that is replaced you bolt two cap screws to the rectangular bracket on the side of the alky. tank bracket and then the other two cap screws on the rad. bracket and walla it becomes one nice chunk of aluminum bracket and you don't have to drill your fan shroud and it's more secure.

I dunno sounded like a good idea LOL....

[This message has been edited by salvageV6 (edited August 07, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
No, and he does not make them for HotEared Epistles either...nor for buffalo winged mistles neither!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Originally posted by Steve Wood:
not sure I understand it but it looks trick.
We understand Steve"your still ok in my book though!

With all these folks going to dual fans "myself included"someone needs to come up with a mount that is in a totally different place.Mine is currently where the canistor was"but im not real happy with it cause only 1 clamp can be used & the K&N is pressed against it.

[This message has been edited by fast86 (edited August 08, 2001).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts