Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Village Idiot
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blue-collar auto worker buys $175,600 Ford GT

A 57-year-old electrician who worked at a General Motors for 37 years has purchased a $175,600 Ford GT, the Associated Press reported late last week. Wearing jeans and a worn t-shirt, David Leeder strolled into a Boucher car dealership to pickup his limited edition 550 hp tungsten silver Ford GT. The price tag? $175,600. He said he fell in love with the car when he first saw photos of it, and later decided to buy it as an investment and for pure joy. While a typical car is rarely an investment, the Ford GT is not only a supercar, it was also recently prematurely discontinued — two factors that could make it a collector's item one day.

"It will probably shock a lot of people that I know," he said — his wife included. "Oh, she's a wonderful woman. She's very understanding … But maybe not about this."

He said the price is three times what he paid for his house.

The car can reach 60 mph in just 3.3 seconds, and has a top speed of 210 mph.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-ford16.html

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Good for Him. He Earned It. :yup:

Enjoy while you can. You only live once. :sw:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
your here for a short time so live it up :headbang:

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
Grumpy said:
your here for a short time so live it up :headbang:

How much did you shell out for yours Grumpy?? And did you wear your worn out t-shirt, or overalls?

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
stevemon said:
Wearing jeans and a worn t-shirt
I dont know if this guy was trying to be cute but the word needs to be put out that dealers dont give a chit about how you look when you try to buy the most expensive car on the lot. This used to be a game with Vette owners. Down here at the Chevy store you have to fill out a credit application even before anyone will talk to you about buying a Corvette or an SSR. You could come in wearing your pajamas and as long as you have the credit than you pretty much have free reign with what ever you want to do with those cars. Its pretty much a standard practice amongst dealers nowadays. Now the big question is, okay we do this with $60K Vettes. How do they treat the guy that wants to buy the $60K Hummer?

Actually I just wanted to say that this guy had or has some really big issues on his "mid life" crisis.

·
Habitual Line Stepper
283 Posts
turbofish38 said:
Actually I just wanted to say that this guy had or has some really big issues on his "mid life" crisis.

"He said he fell in love with the car when he first saw photos of it, and later decided to buy it as an investment and for pure joy."

Yeah, definitely has some issues :rolleyes:

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
He worked at GM for 37 years give him a break......he had never seen performance of the GT's level.

:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts