Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car runs fine but cannot build boost on the line. No exhaust leaks either. It takse like 20 seconds to get to 7#. This is a new problem. I replaced the cam sensor cap awhile back and didnt notice anything right away but its there now. I reset the cam sensor via gnttype instructions,but if I unplug the cam sensor it builds boost fine. New O2 sensor too. It just seems real fat. Any clue. Should I set the cam sensor by the way it runs and see if that helps?

------------------

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh forgot my sig,

------------------
86 GN TE 44 THDP 009s Lubrant street chip, Martone regulator,HD wastegate,snubber bags Nittos, Eaton Posi,Comp Cams valve springs,Walbro 340 M hotwired,Scanmaster II,Race built trans w/ D5

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
AS it ran okay intially after installation, it would seem to rule out 180 degs out. If it runs in batch mode okay, it would seem to point at the cam sensor or its setting. What happens if you tweak the sensor one way or the other ( I am thinking ccw) and try it.

I have been educated numerous times on how cam sensor settings don't affect performance and then see some pretty sharp tuners improve performance by moving it. I have quit listening to the theorists...

it definitely sounds overly rich but it may not be....unplugging to batch mode should make it even richer....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help but it seems I am an idiot once again believing a new O2 sensor is a good one. NOT I changed it back to the old one after messing with things for over a week and for what I can see it is ok now as its raining and boost in the garage is not easy to do. But I did it and have the black marks to go with it. Thanks again Martin

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Strange, I would say. Let us know if it stays good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope it wasnt the sensor. I took it for a spin and it s the same. If I unplug either the O2 or cam it will run fine I chcked for exhaust leaks and vacume and found none. I have yet to tweak the sensor one way or another. Maybe that is it but I have no clue . Any other advice before I shoot the car?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
go back to the sensor and try tweaking it...bound to be the root of the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts