Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
car is running slow builds boost slow..wont light the tires up at all...checked the dp waste gate puck..ok...carr stalls out around 2700 rpm against brakes..chip is one from eric marshall
is timming adj???and what to set it at???any ideas??help...fp is 42 psi line off

ive got an 87 gn with 009's adj fuel reg pte 44
pte front mount rjc power plate..3" dp with cat and 2.5 " duals...orange stripe torque conv..
hotwired walboro pump..at idle
02 is 570
af 07
l8 48
bae 13.1
ine 128
bl 121
cle 170
aes 106
rpm 778
tps .52
iac 73
cc41
pkl 2.4
sp 24.6
idle vac is 15 "

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any ideas??

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if anyone can help me please post some ideas..im lost and ready to set the thing on fire

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
A couple things I noticed....
tps .52 set this to .42
iac 73 get this to < 15
af 07 should be 5 or 6 idling. See if you can swap the MAF with a known good one.
Make sure the puck CoMpLeTeLy covers the hole in the exhaust housing.
Run her down the road at about 70 mph and post those readings. wink HTH

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what do i need to do to set the iac to 15???im new to this and i appreciate all the help...thanks

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Its probably your chip, 009 injectors SUCK. Rich on the bottom (no Spool) and lean on the top (Knock Knock)

Orange Stripe convertor isn't the best either but shouldnt be causing your spool problem.

I vote your chip and injector combo sucks.

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
if you have an adjustable wastegate rod it may be too loose. Even if your making 17psi or whatever the chip calls for the turbo will spool alot slower if the rod is set too loose. I have a Te44 and 009's and mine spools quickly.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Go to ww.gnttype.org and do a search using 'iac' for that procedure.

Joe Lubrant at PTE can make a good chip for the 009's. True they used to have a bad rep....

Tightening the W/G rod is worth a shot...

Be sure the ignition system is working well since running 'fat' on the low end will hurt spool-up.

Red Armstrong sells good spark plug wires for $24.

Check the plugs or replace them with a ac or champion 43 gapped at .032. (Do a search for plug numbers)

Simple/cheap stuff first!

<small>[ June 27, 2003, 06:57 AM: Message edited by: Turbo_Tim ]</small>

·
Registered
350 Posts
Luc,
I think there is something physically wrong. If it were me, I would wire the wastegate shut tight, and see if that affects it. Caution..Don't let it go to full boost that way!
Can you describe the how the hoses are set up that go to the wastegate? How about the little grey "y" piece, which way is the straight leg and which way is the 45 degree leg?
You shouldn't have any problems with the 009's. When I developed that chip, I put a ta54 on my car with a completely stock converter. I did it on purpose to make it spool slow. Then I worked with fuel and timing until it spooled fairly decent. It should easily spool a te44.
Keep me posted! :)

Regards,
Eric

1 - 9 of 9 Posts