Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an aftermarket stereo in my GN.

When I turn it up more than half way the power seems to cut out and it will skip like a scratched cd... this could be playing the radio, dc, mp3 etc...

It feels/sounds like the power is cutting out.. All Connections are tight and good. I have a good battery, good voltage from altinator...

Is there a switch or connector that could be bad?

Thanks

·
Registered
458 Posts
You may have a partially shorted speaker that is drawing too much power from the decks internal amp causing the deck to clip and shut down.

It also could be something as simple as a bad ignition switch or power feed.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gnx6 said:
You may have a partially shorted speaker that is drawing too much power from the decks internal amp causing the deck to clip and shut down.

It also could be something as simple as a bad ignition switch or power feed.

Speakers I assume are good... the ignition switch and power feed sound good... next step??? where are they :dunno:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Ledzeppac said:
Speakers I assume are good... the ignition switch and power feed sound good... next step??? where are they :dunno:

Small yield nuclear device....that car hates you! :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
2 3.5 inch speakers are in the top corners of the dash. 4x6 ( w/ concert sound) are in the front part of each door and 4x10 behind the rear seat. sounds to me a bad speaker or a bad head unit. does protection come on in the head unit?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
socalgn said:
Small yield nuclear device....that car hates you! :D

Holy chit!

This car is amazing.

For having such low miles and being kept clean when I bought it this thing has had so many problems.... It STILL doesnt run right and now the paint is going south :yup:

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
does it do it when car is cold..I had to put a small 12v fan behind mine being a 1-1/2 din unit it generated alot of heat and the protection would keep kicking in...but it would not "skip" just shut down for 30 secs...thinking yours could be a connection...does it have a removable face...had one of my connections go on that so it would go on and off...just an idea

1 - 8 of 8 Posts