Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife made me watch "Titanic" again the other day and although I was bored out of my mind I did realize somethings while I was watching it.

1. It would have been a much better movie if it had started out, "Iceberg!".

2. It's not such a great love story. Just look at it. A man's fiance cheats on him with a man who gambles and couldn't afford a ticket much less be able to support her. Granted he did save her life which is pretty cool but if she had stayed in first class where she belonged she wouldn't have needed to be saved. He took her dancing, got her drunk, and made out in a car. What's so romantic about that? Heck, that's a normal Saturday night date around here.

3. If Rose had stayed her butt in the life boat then it would have been Jack on the plank and he would have lived. If she hadn't wanted to be in a life boat then she should have given her seat up before it was being lowered, but no, she jumped out when they couldn't put anyone else in the seat so she actually was responsible for two people dying.

4. Rose was a selfish old lady. She could have given the diamond to her grand-daughter and she would have been set for life, instead she throws it into the sea.

5. And the most important thing is: I realized that if Jack's last name had been Bauer the "Titanic" would have never sank. :D

·
Save me from myself!
3,115 Posts
I would had 5 or 6 box springs tied together and would've been rafting myself out of there! If I were in the band, I'd have been carving out that cello and using the violin as a paddle. Screw playing until I died!!!

·
8,392 Posts
"to be a whore?..to a sewer rat?"

yeah, Jack wasnt an honorable person. Sleeping with someone else's fiance.

I dont think Rose could have given the Heart of the ocean to the granddaughter, because it would technically be the property of the insurance company..

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I believe the point was Rose didn't love her fiance. Seems like Mom was running her life, and until meeting Jack she was at least naive. The scene about being on the bow, wasn't about the ocean breeze, IMO, it was about life being breathed into Rose.

For the heartache the diamond caused for Rose, I can see her trashing it. To some life's not about money. I think the point of that was, how the fiance was more worried about the diamond, then he'd lost Rose. He was so far into denile, and on such an ego trip, as to be laughable, IMO.

Jack was out to grab all the brass rings life could afford him. Maybe too many, and that was his demise. IMO, he was a little bit too easy to fall in love, and maybe it wasn't true love for him, but for Rose, it seemed genuine. Just to toss a lil Zen into it, the universe is perfect, and on a biblical note, you reap what you sow.

Not to mention it was all filtered through the mind of a gal well up in her years, so her reality might have been a bit different the what really happened.

·
8,392 Posts
Jack- "water that cold is like a thousand knives stabbing you"

hmmmmm somehow Rose seemed unaffected later in the movie , wading all over the ship in that cold water.

same thing with Fabrizio, if he jumped out of bed and into that water, he would jump sooooo fast back into bed because of the pain.

James Cameron=F

·
Save me from myself!
3,115 Posts
Meanwhile, I'd still be paddling away in my cello boat!

·
Dont visit foreign SITES
3,092 Posts
You guys realize you having an in-depth discussion analyzing a chick flick? :yup:
What does Oprah think?

Just a heads up. :dunno:

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
87GTA-turbo said:
You guys realize you having an in-depth discussion analyzing a chick flick? :yup:
What does Oprah think?

You beat me to it :eek!: :cool:

What's up on Oprah these days :crazy:

·
Hydra Station Supervisor
1,644 Posts
In real life the ship's chef drank so much booze (he was thinking he was going to die) it acted like antifreeze inside of him and he lived because of it. :cheers: So whenever you are on a sinking ship in freezing cold water drink lots of booze. :cheers:

·
Registered
951 Posts
BOTH should have died... the dirtbag and the slut

i only enjoyed that movie because of the very short engine room scenes.. filmed on the liberty ship jerimah-o-brian (sp?)

oh and the clip where the passenger bounces off of one of the propellers :D

·
Hydra Station Supervisor
1,644 Posts
^Those are the only good parts.

·
8,392 Posts
I like it for the historical aspect and the effects.

if you take out Rose and Jack, its interesting.

"this boat is for the mommies and the children, there will be another boat for the daddys"
actually overheard during the sinking

Mr Andrews WAS last seen in the sitting area by the clock, and WAS running around the ship urging everyone to put on their lifejackets

Captain Smith last seen in the wheelhouse

Lightholler actually didnt have bullets in his gun initially.

The cook was real and really was drunk

Captain Smith did say to Bruce Ismay, Well Mr. Ismay, it seems you will get your headlines.

Bruce Ismay's cowardly jump into a lifeboat was just as it happened.

there's so much more

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
lol hold on wait for me guys while I get my sewing kit out! :D I'm with Gothmog and most of you guys. I like it for the ship for what it was. It was an amazing ship back then and still is under all that water. I almost wished there was a way to bring it up. Would have been really cool to have that in a museum somewhere. I've went to the Titanic Exhibition in Toronto a few times and went to it when it came to Philly. I always was amazed and into most major events that took place long before I was born that were so catastrophic at the time. Plus I like older big ships.

One cool thing is one of the smaller sister ships to the Titanic built in that era is docked in Philly right near me. The USS United States. http://www.ss-united-states.com/ I am a subscriber to the U and pass it every day to and from work. It's so huge sitting there docked near Penn's Landing I can only think of what the size of the Titanic would be like sitting there. A millionaire from Cherry Hill bought it to save it from being scrapped and gutted it for most of the funds just to keep it parked on the Delaware water front but it's there pretty much all original on the outside. A Norwegian Cruise Lines owns it now and they are talking about overhauling it within 6 years and sailing it on a east coast to west coast cruise route via the Panama Canal. I'd be one of the first on it if they did that for sure! You can get really close to the ship maybe I'll take the GN down there for some pics in front of the big U! :cheers:

·
Hired Wrench
125 Posts
87GTA-turbo said:
What does Oprah think?

Oprah? Oprah is nothing now that Tony Danza has a talk show.........

·
8,392 Posts
PhillyTurboSix said:
lol hold on wait for me guys while I get my sewing kit out! :D I'm with Gothmog and most of you guys. I like it for the ship for what it was. It was an amazing ship back then and still is under all that water. I almost wished there was a way to bring it up. :
yeah! why don't any of these hard-ons like Warren Buffet, Ted Turner, and Bill GAtes, or Oprah do something GOOD with their money...like raise the Titanic
I would if I had the $

·
NOW AVAILABLE ON DVD
2,284 Posts
10,000 PLACES ON THAT SHIP TO HAVE SEX, AND THEY PICK THE BACK SEAT OF A CAR??? :dunno: :dunno: :rant: :rant:

·
NOW AVAILABLE ON DVD
2,284 Posts
oh and the clip where the passenger bounces off of one of the propellers :D
My wife doesn't make me watch that movie with her anymore. We saw it in the theatre and I busted a gut laughing when that happened. Fixes it everytime. :headbang:

·
8,392 Posts
pat83t said:
10,000 PLACES ON THAT SHIP TO HAVE SEX, AND THEY PICK THE BACK SEAT OF A CAR??? :dunno: :dunno: :rant: :rant:
and not historically accurate either. The Renault was crated.

·
It's the goFUR
1,757 Posts
I hate Bob Ballard, think he's a hypocrite, so I can't watch the movie.

Art

1 - 20 of 22 Posts