Turbo Buicks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to order a Razor's Alky kit and was wondering if I should order a single or twin nozzle kit. I plan on running about 25 lbs of boost, so I believe a single nozzle would be fine, but my up pipe from the intercooler is already drilled for twin nozzles.

Am I better off running a single nozzle, and plugging the second hole, or should I run twin nozzles with small jets?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
How much HP are you making and how fast do you plan to go? A single nozzle with a tweaked pump should take you into the high 10's range if not a little faster depending on the weight of the car.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,850 Posts
Tell Julio what you have & he will tell you what you need. Thats how I determined what I should use. He makes them, sells them, tunes cars so I trust him.

·
Neverlift Society
2,293 Posts
I've been 10.6 in my full weight, fully optioned GN. I only had the dail on the alky controller on 6.5 also. This is with a single nozzle.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have a roll bar yet, so my goals are only 11.50. I will be running a 6262 billet turbo, CAS V2 FMIC, stock heads with a mild port job, 204/214 cam.

I realize that I don't NEED twin nozzles at this point, but my up pipe is drilled for it, so I'm not sure what to do...

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
It's going to be way harder to tune with two nozzles. I had the same problem when I went from my dual nozzle SMC to the Alky Control. Two nozzles do look cooler.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
single nozzle is what you need...and, as others have said...much easier to tune.

·
Registered
994 Posts
It's much easier than the generic size of your turbo, read your MAT temp and spray until you hit no lower than 70 degrees (68 by some). After 70 degrees you're actually going to start to LOSE HP little by little. Too cold ails the combustion process, too hot can cause preignition etc.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Typically for a mid 11 sec Buick, an M15 nozzle on my system is plenty. If you have the two holes there, get a twin nozzle and use an M5+M10=M15.

If you ever get really faster, you canchange out the tips to much larger ones.

HTH

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Typically for a mid 11 sec Buick, an M15 nozzle on my system is plenty. If you have the two holes there, get a twin nozzle and use an M5+M10=M15.

If you ever get really faster, you canchange out the tips to much larger ones.

HTH
Thanks... That's exactly what I was thinking, but I wanted to hear it from someone with a little more experiecne.

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts