Turbo Buick Forums banner

Silly Cops

2K views 41 replies 14 participants last post by  The Radius Kid 
#1 ·
As you can see in the attached pictures, cops like to sit in our little culdesac and bust the crap out of speeders going by. Kinda funny, but not really. They just sit there every morning, chasing after people. People are just cruising down this new wide road, not paying attention, and then BAM! :crazy: At times there are 2 motorcyle cops and 1 patrol car sitting there. I know they enjoy the crap out of it, and that's what makes me sick. :rant: Plus, they sit facing the wrong direction on our one way street. Cops totally abuse their power around here. I've got stories too long for typing.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Cops are dicks. You know they compelled to follow the law like everyone else, that means they can't speed (unless emergency or pursuit) and they arent allowed to go down one-ways the wrong way.

I would put a sign up the street that says "speed trap ahead"

#6 ·
Gothmog said:
Cops are dicks.
Absolutely not the truth. My experiences with policemen as a whole have been pleasant. There are dorks among them but not enough to label them all dorks.

Sorry Gothmog, I didn't mean to kick you in the nuts I just have to disagree with your statement. I'm sure you are used to that by now huh. :D

#9 ·
Nasty Wendy said:
Absolutely not the truth. My experiences with policemen as a whole have been pleasant. There are dorks among them but not enough to label them all dorks.

Sorry Gothmog, I didn't mean to kick you in the nuts I just have to disagree with your statement. I'm sure you are used to that by now huh. :D
Cops are kind of like TR's.

A statement we can all agree with regardless of religious, political, or sexual views

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turbo Buicks are a thing of beauty and performance that I LOVE.....well when they aren't making me hate them....you know when they are running good I love them but when they do stupid shidt and have problems that can't be figured out I freakin HATE THEM.....but for the most part I like them and enjoy them except when I'm being aggravated to death by them then I don't like them but I can't bring my self to burning it to the ground because I know how much I love it when its running right.....so I like them kinda mostly

Substitute the subject matter around and this is how I feel about cops. I like them except when I'm on the wrong end of the dicking around.

I need to figure out how to get the cops to park in front of my house and run radar..... and bust idiots for passing on the shoulder, rapping out in 1st gear against the rev limiter at 4:00am, going through the gears on a open pipe Harley, slowing from 70MPH using a jake brake or just what ever I want them to do so I can be king dick of the neighborhood.

#10 ·
turbofish38 said:
I need to figure out how to get the cops to park in front of my house and run radar..... and bust idiots for passing on the shoulder, rapping out in 1st gear against the rev limiter at 4:00am, going through the gears on a open pipe Harley, slowing from 70MPH using a jake brake or just what ever I want them to do so I can be king dick of the neighborhood.
Mel Brookes said:
Its good to be the King
:yup:

#11 ·
Gothmog said:
Cops are dicks. You know they compelled to follow the law like everyone else, that means they can't speed (unless emergency or pursuit) and they arent allowed to go down one-ways the wrong way.

I like my Dick and need it, so maybe you are complimenting them? :confused:

#12 ·
I got pulled over by 2 NYC cops for tinted windows. they gave me 4 tickets, one for each window, I went to court and the cop lied under oath.

so to you Officer Pederson of the NYPD: drop dead!

#13 ·
i had a cop lie about me in court last year! :rant: most cops i met are a$$holes!!!!

#14 ·
These cops that hang out in my freakin' driveway are goofy. :crazy: Since I am Buick-less right now, I've been walking everywhere. Well walking on my way back to my house from TWU (Texas Woman's University, where my girlfriend goes to school), I come right up behind the cops who happened to be parked right in front of my driveway. They didn't hear or see me walk up and I knew this. I walked right up to my mailbox, proceeded to get out my mail, then slammed it shut. I scared the crap out of the cycle cop, I thought he was going to fall over. Ever since then, they don't park in front of my casa no more. :D They park down the hill and further up the hill, but not at my house. :headbang:

#15 ·
Is the "Bruick" only sold in TX?

#18 ·
Gothmog said:

I would go one better:Have all the neighbors call city hall complaining the cops are constantly driving the wrong way on a one way street[his].

#19 ·
I have been going home before with those cops being there, waiting right in my way. I sat there and waved with my hands for them to get out of the way because they were blocking my drive. They drove off (the wrong direction in a one way) and then proceeded to come back going the wrong way once again as soon as I had parked. :rolleyes: I told you I have stories of being hassled by Denton cops.

#20 · (Edited)
My best friend's a traffic cop and he's not a schmuck, but............

I got stopped tonight for not wearing my seatbelt and given a ticket.

AND THEN when I get home (without fatally crashing BTW) my passenger notices that a brake light is out. I guess officer piece of **** is so worried about me not having a seat belt on when I crash at 35 he's not worried if I get rear ended.

This after getting my GN back covered in fingerprints after two groups of thieves are fighing over my car. No arrests, no lifting of the prints.

That's some tax money spent wisely.

Seatbelt tickets are BS tickets. They're for pissing people off that piss you off. Or you're a cop and you're scared to go where the criminals are.

#21 ·
A few years ago my Mom was driving our sick cat to the vet and was pulled over by a Burlington (south NJ town near Philly) cop who lied about hear speeding (she never speeds) and gave her a ticket, not only was it BS but it wasted time trying to get the poor cat to the vet. He saw the cat in the back but he did not care the SOB. I looked at the ticket and he did not even marked down want he used (rader, laser, etc) he just made it up :mad: . So later on I found out that cops in most states do not need to use a rader or laser to judge speed for a ticket that they can just do it by eyeball and the court will still take their side. So this is a loophole a lot of them use to lie about people speeding and get away with it. :mad:

#22 ·
I think everyone has a little peeve with them. Mine is also related to speeding/speed traps. I once got pulled over on a desolate road coming from the race track. Not much on it other than cow farms but they were sitting there at night trying to catch people coming from the track. Sad part though is that I was just driving my truck. He got me for 44 MPH in a 35 MPH zone :rolleyes: I was speeding and I give him that but not much I could hurt unless a cow jumped out in front of me. I agree certain places where you shouldn't be speeding for safety reasons but a road like this as long as you aren't doing say 30 MPH or more over the speed limit I think is just B.S.!

On another not I have a good friend that is a Sheriff Deputy and he is very cool. If he never put a uniform on you wouldn't know him from any other Joe out there. Talks like a sailor every once in a while, likes to party, has toys, enjoys speed, etc...

#23 ·
I got a ticket a couple years back for doing 61 in a 30 :D . I was leaving school on a service road that goes from 30 mph to 45, etc. Only I was still in the 30 mph zone. I had a defense... There were no speed limit signs for at least a mile in either direction. The road was new, so it was nice and smooth (perfect for flyin'). What sucks is that the cop was parked between two church vans in a parking lot down the road. He was totally hiding. This parking lot is a maximum of 65 yards down the road from the college I was attending. So aparently I left the parking lot, from a dead stop, and got up to 61 mph by the time I had just passed him. I had no idea my truck was that fast. :D Seriously though, that was sheisty of him. The worst thing about all this is when he walked up to my widow, he blurted out, "Well, you're my 12th one today." :rant: Apparently he had been busting us students all day and taking advantage of the system. Less than a week after all this went down, there were 30 mph signs put up every 100 ft. That is so crappy. I didn't have enough money to pay the ticket, so I put it out of mind. Well, I won't do that again... I got letters mailed to my house saying that I had a warrant out for my arrest. I finally got the guts to do down and pay the $300 fine. Geeze, that's what you get for speeding in a rival highschool football teams town. You get no slack, especially with an "E sticker" on your back glass for everyone to see. (The "E" refers to Ennis... I was in Waxahachie) Boo! :crazy: Whole thing made me sick. :crazy:

#24 ·
earlbrown said:
Seatbelt tickets are BS tickets. They're for pissing people off that piss you off. Or you're a cop and you're scared to go where the criminals are.

have to disagree with that in NJ it is considered a non-moving violation and there are no-points assessed to your license.. and therfore no surcharges on insurance for the next few years... there have been times when I have been stopped for speeding and given a seat belt ticket..

#25 ·
Denton Cops Are Dicks!

Real, I just relized that many years ago I had a run in with your guys. My older brother lives in Farmerville. After they built TX Motor Speedway we would spend that first weekend in April at TMS watching the Winston Cup races. I think it was 1998 or 99 I was driving down I-35 toward the track. About 8 miles or so from TMS the traffic would start to get heavy but everyone kept at a good pace around the speed limit. That section is rolling hills more or less. Well the Denton boys had radar set up. Commando style. They had the antennas mounted on tri pods in the median with video camaras. No bodies in sight. There must have been about 5 or 6 cameras set up. You come over a ridge and you would see one and than drive up a ridge and repeat it. Kind of like a lame roller coaster. Well about 2 miles down the road the posse was waiting just as the traffic was getting bunched up. There must have been 25 cops walking around as the traffic had slowed down to a walking pace. Next thing I know butthead motions for me to pull over to the shoulder. There must have been about 15 to 20 cars pulled over and they just asked for my DL and wrote the info on a preprinted form of a speeding ticket. Nailed me for 1 stinkin mile per hour over the limit. What a pile of BS. What about the other cars that were running in the pack? The only thing was they were just nailing the out of state cars. I put up a big stink with just about anybody I could get to talk to me on the phone the following Monday. The mayor, the county anybody that had a phone. My brother says it was because Denton county was fueding with Ft.Worth because TMS was on the county line and they were getting the biggest chunk of money from those races. Well, guess what. Denton county and the city got the last $140 that I will ever spend there. Somebody from TMS and Bruton Smiths office sent me a letter in the mail a couple of weeks later saying that TMS was going to do everything in its power to make sure that Denton wouldn't be doing that during the next race weekend. Dont mess with Texas. Ya right! Dont mess with the tourists you POS's. Come down to FL and see how the law does a race down here. You'd make more money from people enjoying themselves instead of writing tickets.

#26 ·
Denton cops have been major weiners so far, except for this one pretty attractive girl cop. I started a conversation with her at a gas station one night, and we started talking about all kinds of crap. She even went on to talk about my Buick and tell me that she had a Mini Cooper S. I don't know what she was lookin' to get out of me, but she kept talking about her divorce that she was going through, and how much she likes to drive. She even told me she gets pulled over all the time. She was all kinds of flirtacious, laughing and smiling and crap. It was pretty cool. :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.