Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
So easy cavemen can do it
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once this car is totally tuned out, I was thinking about my next possible project: changing the fuel injectors. Question I have is do I really need to change them? I am not looking to make my car a race car, just a very fast streetable everyday driver that will see occasionaly track time. My car has ruffly 80k miles on the clock and the injectors are stock and have never been out or cleaned. Should I run Xylene through the system and flush everything out (clean the injectors) or should I just get rid of these and go with 42.5 lbs 009's like I originally wanted to. Will the stockers keep the car's potential down? or will they hold up for 17+ lbs of boost on a stock turbo.

------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/in4/d0n_3d/

1987 Buick Grand National (owner since 1997) - 80,000 miles, everyday driver (rain, sleet, hail, snow, its seen it all) engine never opened up, basic bolt on upgrades include:

Cold-air induction w/ 9" K&N air filter behind headlights, Accufab adj. fuel regulator (set at 45 psi), Walbro GSS 307 fuel pump w/ Casper's hotwire upgrade kit, adj. wastegate actuator (set at 17 lbs), 160 degree thermostat, tb coolant lines blocked, 3" Poston's DP w/ 2.5" Hooker exhaust & AeroChamber mufflers, 3" hi-flow CAT, basic chrome engine dressup items, stock rims on BF Goodrich P255/60/R15 all-weather rear tires, newer paint, 30lb VDO boost gauge and 100psi fuel gauge

first track times ever this spring:)

Note to all Ford/Import owners: BUICK OWNZ J00;)

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
For what you're looking to do,they'll hold up just fine.I run them in a combo very similar to yours and got good mileage,passed the e-test,and was all around pleased with them.Apparently 009's are good for low elevens/high tens with enough fuel pressure and a light enough car.Hope that helps.

------------------
Give em' hell!

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Don run the tank down to just below 1/4. Then get a gallon of xylene and add it in there. If you haven't changed your fuel filter do that too.

I don't really like the stock injectors past 85K or so miles. Watch for gas smell in the oil that will tip off a leaky one.

I like the Bosch 43lbs. but would go to 50's directly if doing it again. Just my .02.

If you're gonna try alky. kits and other upgrades do the 50's

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
The stockers are nearing their last leg.

It would be one of the first upgrades you should do. The new Accel 36# injectors are an ideal choice to go along with a TA49 or similar turbo. The 42.5s or 50s are great injectors too. I would buy the ones that I could get for the best price.

·
So easy cavemen can do it
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the input guys...I think I will change the injectors...I'll think about those 50's, but they are a little more expensive than the 42.5's...we'll see, I'm sure I can run alky on the 42.5's if time ever comes can't I? I might as well do this car right, seems like I replace an old part every week! Now my heater vents don't work and I believe the switch or motor is shot...ahhhh it never ends

btw Happy Holidays to you guys

------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/in4/d0n_3d/

1987 Buick Grand National (owner since 1997) - 80,000 miles, everyday driver (rain, sleet, hail, snow, its seen it all) engine never opened up, basic bolt on upgrades include:

Cold-air induction w/ 9" K&N air filter behind headlights, Accufab adj. fuel regulator (set at 45 psi), Walbro GSS 307 fuel pump w/ Casper's hotwire upgrade kit, adj. wastegate actuator (set at 17 lbs), 160 degree thermostat, tb coolant lines blocked, 3" Poston's DP w/ 2.5" Hooker exhaust & AeroChamber mufflers, 3" hi-flow CAT, basic chrome engine dressup items, stock rims on BF Goodrich P255/60/R15 all-weather rear tires, newer paint, 30lb VDO boost gauge and 100psi fuel gauge

first track times ever this spring:)

Note to all Ford/Import owners: BUICK OWNZ J00;)

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Originally posted by d0n_3d:
Now my heater vents don't work and I believe the switch or motor is shot...ahhhh it never ends

btw Happy Holidays to you guys

Check the ground on the blower motor" I had lots of problems with the ground there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts