Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, here's the deal. I have a 92, Regal GS. 240,000k, runs and looks real good. Now I've wanted a GN for years but just can't afford to keep 2 cars on the road. So I was thinking of doing some upgrades to the four door wonder, eg) Supercharger, headers, exhaust. Will my engine take the supercharger without having work done to it, and how much work will I need to do to the suspension to handle the HP?? I was thinking of dumping 3500 Canadian into it and see what I could get done. What do you think??

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I doubt you'd keep the heads on it. The SC3800 has 8:1 pistons where the N/As have 9:1s. Add boost and your asking for trouble. I'd shoot a wet nitrous system on it with some high octane fuel.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I would think you would be better off finding a wrecked GS with a SC engine and do the whole swap.

·
Registered
790 Posts
$3500, your half way to a turbo car! Add up all the bull you will encounter and you just paid for a nice Turbo Buick that will dust your car( not that you won't be dumping a butt-load in to the T car). Not to knock your car, but they say hind sight is 20/20, right. Well I have been there, done that, like many of you guys out there. How about giving this guy some real advice. Drive your car, and save your money till you get enough to buy what you really want. It may seem like a pain in the a$$ to save all that money, but in the end you will be happier. Not that you know me, but trust me!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Knock it if you will, but I still say a simple, effective Nitrous setup is the most bang for your buck. Probably won't outrun a GN, but the initial investment is far less.

Once you get a GN are you gonna be satisfied with a stocker.... ummmmm.... NO! There's another $3000 in upgrades.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
After you are all done you will still have a 92GS not worth much more than before you started. Not much faster either. Try and sell your car. Book is around $3000 with that mileage. Take the other $3000 you would have needed to do your project and by a clean 87 Turbo T

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, [email protected] boost.10's soon
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey, I appreciate all your input. There is quite a bit on the table here you're right I would be much happier with 87Gn, but 10 grand(CAN) to buy and then all the taxes n' upgrades to fix it up. It's quite a bit to save for. I am gonna be busy doing some work to the Regal already (tie rods, rear hub)so I just thought, building a sleeper would be cool. A friend of mine has a Mustang Bullet and I've seen him give 'er, and I want a piece!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts