Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations on shock selection ??

My local parts stores ie: AutoZone, OReilly's
and Advanced Auto all say there's no difference in the plain Regal shocks or the Turbo cars. Shocks about $15.00 a piece according to them.... I've seen the kyb shocks on the board and they are alot higher than that. The brands are Monroe or Gabrial..

Thanks for any info

[This message has been edited by specialt (edited July 20, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Bilsteins seem to be the best shock but are about $220 a set from a good supplier. KYBs are the second choice and are probably $125 a set. Monroes and Gabriels are way back in the pack behind them. Suck it up and go at least with the KYBs.

------------------
------------------
Steve Wood

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

86 GN bought new, 87 T-type-81 El Camino with GN drive train-basically stock 86, 94 Caprice 9C1, 69 SS396 Camaro Convertible

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I got my KYB from carparts.com when they had the 50%.
Are they offering 50% coupons any more?
Install missing bushings and braces, car will be drive alot better.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
My Limited has Monroe shocks and they're horrible!!!! I have a set of Bilsteins in the garage waiting to be installed. My other car has Bilsteins (which replaced KYB's) and I would buy no other shock. They have a lifetime guarantee, so why skimp? I paid $204 for the last set of Bilsteins from www.shox.com and $238 from Autozone for the first set.

------------------
MJ

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Originally posted by Steve Wood:
Bilsteins seem to be the best shock but are about $220 a set from a good supplier. KYBs are the second choice and are probably $125 a set. Monroes and Gabriels are way back in the pack behind them. Suck it up and go at least with the KYBs.

There goes Steve again getting his information wrong. The KYB's are $119, not $125. MAN, get your facts straight before you come on here acting all knowing and such

Here's a link to pst where you can see a set of these: http://www.p-s-t.com/ I just installed a set on my 83 Stealth project car.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
As long as I know the 21st century is underway, I shall not sweat the details!

Stealth car? you running Mopars these days?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts