Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who sells a Shock Tower brace for our cars? 87' Grand National. Im very interested in buying but all i come up with are bars for firebirds etc...Thxs.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
What is a shock tower brace and why would you need one? Get some Bilstein replacement shocks they are worth the money.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It reduces Body flex....somethign i personally think could only be a huge plus. Why the Bilstein shocks??
Originally posted by paulandmarion:
Does anyone know who sells a Shock Tower brace for our cars? 87' Grand National. Im very interested in buying but all i come up with are bars for firebirds etc...Thxs.

·
Registered
43 Posts
if you look at teh arrangment of shocks, they are attached to the frame about mid way up teh engine, the only way to add a brace is with a roll cage, and they are mounted to a pretty big piece of steel, if it was a mustang with sheetmetal for a tur strut tower there would be a bennifet, but in our cars it is not required, my 2 cents
Grant J Farmer

------------------
working on a tubbed all fiberglass 87 grand national with a twin turbo SBC

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Hey PaulandMarion there are vendors that sell body braces as well as large rear anti-sway bars for the G body cars. Kirbans has the braces for sure. Postons' probably also. They bolt in the trunk to reduce torque flex and there are also braces for the front of the car, both stiffen it up. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thxs man! does Kirbans have a website? im off to look now. thanks again.
Originally posted by salvageV6:
Hey PaulandMarion there are vendors that sell body braces as well as large rear anti-sway bars for the G body cars. Kirbans has the braces for sure. Postons' probably also. They bolt in the trunk to reduce torque flex and there are also braces for the front of the car, both stiffen it up. Good luck.

·
Registered
91 Posts

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
GM Parts Direct has reasonably priced GM parts if you know the actual GM part number many are listed at other websites just do a search. Other vendors for original and aftermarket parts are Ramchargers, Cottons performance, TR Parts Connection, and for used parts Mike McCoy and John Dicarlo. Good luck and start bookmarking....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts