Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a 1987 GN and when I cruise the car normally (no turbo push)
From a dead stop to 25 mph I have already shifted through all 3 gears when in drive.
At 25 to 30 mph. the car boggs because I think the car is shifting too quickly and not letting the RPM's catch up. I have had the entire drivetrain checked by a mechanic, had all new tranny fluid, filter, rearend fluid, and checked complete. He found no problems. Any help on this matter would be appreciated. I have installed a Walbro 340 pump, and a new pressure reg. could the injectors be spent?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
try adjusting the tv cable. Sounds like it could be a notch or two off.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It does sound like the TV cable is out of adjustment like Steve mentioned. This can kill your transmission if not adjusted properly.

------------------
86 GN 11.0's
87 T Daily driver
87 T Drag Car under
construction

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guy's were dead on! I have set it back to the factory specs and the car is back to normal, this site and your knowledge is such a value to many people, my thanks to all.
Originally posted by pwrslave:
I have recently purchased a 1987 GN and when I cruise the car normally (no turbo push)
From a dead stop to 25 mph I have already shifted through all 3 gears when in drive.
At 25 to 30 mph. the car boggs because I think the car is shifting too quickly and not letting the RPM's catch up. I have had the entire drivetrain checked by a mechanic, had all new tranny fluid, filter, rearend fluid, and checked complete. He found no problems. Any help on this matter would be appreciated. I have installed a Walbro 340 pump, and a new pressure reg. could the injectors be spent?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
glad it was a simple fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts