Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. My car has been underpowered for a long time and now appears to be heading in the right direction ie. going to make power. I expect low 12's easily. My tranny shifts beautifully, but it hasn't had to deal with alot of power. I have always done regular fluid changes and used synthetic oil.
My question is whether or not to have a shift kit installed. Does it increase the longevity of the tranny?? Recommend any particular brand names???

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Most definitely! It helps bring up the line pressure and gives you better shifts. Bruce, who is the man says he finds the Art Carr to be the best. Make sure you have a tranny cooler on there as well.

Here is a link
http://www.ptsnctb.com/

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
As posted above it will be great. Only if the trans is in good shape. But if worn and you have flare shifts it will rebuild time real soon.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
I think it's a good idea. I use the High HP kit. If you know a tranny guy, I would go with the kit that he is familiar with.

Otherwise the Art Carr sounds fine.

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Ran mine with an Art Carr shift kit and make sure you put a tranny cooler on it!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.
I actually forgot to mention that I have a tranny cooler mounted in front of the rad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts