Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In this months (July) Road & Track the new Shelby GT 500 runs 13.1 @ 112.1,
and has a Curb Weight as Tested at 4130Lbs...what a F**king Joke....

I TRIED to paste the Page I scanned but like ANYTHING I try to attach to this dam board lately I get this: File too large...God only knows how Hooper & Jim C. attach those HUGE Pictues????

·
Help computer!
913 Posts
What the hell :confused: Out of a 500 horse car? Some bone stock LS1's do that :eek!:

·
Registered
835 Posts
car and driver got a 12.9 at 112, as well as hot rod with a Gtech, but motor trend claims a 12.7 at 116, which is a very good trap speed. The first 2 mags are known for sucking at driving (especially R&T) and motor trend is known for giving cars very generous weather corrections. So i guess we'll have to wait till real owners get their hands on them. :)

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
what a shock.. a ford not running what they say it will. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
JDSfastGN said:
So i guess we'll have to wait till real owners get their hands on them. :)

hellll ya !!!! hey look at all the 500hp Buicks that run in the 13s :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Grumpy said:
look at all the 500hp Buicks that run in the 13s :rolleyes: :D
Ain't that the Truth.....Hey, how about the Dam Curb Weight at
slighty OVER 4000Lbs!!!

And I know R & T Sucks, but Usually Car & Driver is pretty good :dunno:

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
firebird_1252 said:
what a shock.. a ford not running what they say it will. :rolleyes:
Yeah I know. I haven't been able to get my Lightning to run as slow as they say it should. :dunno:

·
Shaker X
1,630 Posts
This doesn't surprise me at all. I saw Stan Davis run his 200 mph Silverstate GN at Pomona and he could only muster 15 sec or so. The car could not hook up on the tires and suspension he had. He kept spinning until half track. :dunno:

Some cars are not built for straights only. Soften up the rear springs throw on some DR and I am sure the time would drop. :)

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
I rode in a 2006 Z06 today, **** The GT500 and there 20K over MSRP. What a bunch of Morons. I'll own a Z06 in 5 years. :yup:

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Racer X said:
This doesn't surprise me at all. I saw Stan Davis run his 200 mph Silverstate GN at Pomona and he could only muster 15 sec or so. The car could not hook up on the tires and suspension he had. He kept spinning until half track. :dunno:

Some cars are not built for straights only. Soften up the rear springs throw on some DR and I am sure the time would drop. :)
I agree, but won't the trap speed be much higher if he is spinning?

TTA89 said:
I rode in a 2006 Z06 today, **** The GT500 and there 20K over MSRP. What a bunch of Morons. I'll own a Z06 in 5 years. :yup:
How was it? Were you on the street or track? And where are the pics?

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
It was at an Auto X today in the pouring rain. :rolleyes: He picked it up from the Muesum last week and already had it out to race it. :headbang:

Even in the rain, you can feel how brutal the car is, its so civilized and just handles incredible. I'm so ruined. :eek!: I need to find a rich chick to marry. :D

We have another Auto X in a few weeks, I'll let you know how it is in the dry (I Hope) I so want one. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
See what they run in capable hands at a track, most of the mags use g-techs and are not used to the car enough to drive it well. When 04 GTOs came out, some people were running 15s. I took mine to the track with 800 miles on it, stock tires, paper tag still in the window, and ran 13.59 backed up by 2 13.61s. The "driver mod" seems to be the most important :)

·
Shaker X
1,630 Posts
TTA89 said:
Dude! I got to drive my friends for about 60 miles or so and that Z06 is a [email protected]#%ing BEAST! :D :headbang: It pulls very much like my cup car. :eek!:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well, 112 mph trap speed is probably good for mid to low 12s on street tires. The new Cobra should be plenty quick but who the heck is going to be able to afford one if they mark the price up so high? :dunno:

·
Registered
119 Posts
With a good driver,good track and great weather the new Shelby will run high 11s @118 to 120.
They are supposed to make 430 to 440 to the tires. Thats more than enough power to run high 11s on regular radials and low 11s with drag radials.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Carol Shelby called. He wants his missing 100hp back.

Folkes had high hopes that this would be a super Cobra, but C/D got better #s off the 03/04 SVT Cobra.
This thing, at 500hp and 4000 pounds should be owning C6, SRT and GTO ass.
M6 BMW is 500 and more than 4k pounds and does 12.1.
What happened?
Oh, I liked the new stang style until I saw a Challenger pic.
Thats how ya do retro!!
In fairness, I liked the Mopar original better than the 60s Stangs though.

·
Registered
955 Posts
That is a pretty low trap speed for that kind of coin.

I love my 500hp (flywheel) and 2800lb car running 127mph+ n/a on 91 octane. :D

My LS1/FD RX-7 is for sale if anyone is interested. I'm building an LS7/FD next.

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Mark,

I was just reading through that thread.

With me in the car: 2943lbs
cross weights 1471/1472

748/711
760/724
That thing must be a ton of fun on track.
:headbang:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts