Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope you guys can help me on this one.

I replaced my stock injectors and thrasher chip yesterday with a set of delphi 50's and a casper's thumbwheel chip.The car ran great for the first three times i started it up and about the first ten miles that i drove it.Then, i went and started it again and the "Service engine soon" is flashing rapidly and won't stop.Obviously the car is running like crap.When you turn just the ignition on, the light continues to flash rapidly, and when i put a jumper in the two ports to read codes---the light stops altogether.
If anyone could steer me in the right direction or offer suggestions, i would really appreciate it.

Geoff Hall

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
Sounds like what happens when your chip is not seated properly in the ECM or is defective. You sound like you are running in limp mode. I have heard that running larger than stock injectors while in this mode is a no-no (much too much gas). So try not to drive it like that. Try re-seating your chip.

[This message has been edited by Zap (edited August 09, 2001).]

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Exactly..no drive until you fix it...reseat the chip and if that does not work, call John S.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know what---i thought about posting this on the "other" board but you know what---I felt like if i wanted an intelligent response(esp. from the 2 gentlemen that replied)--i would post it on this board---i am glad i did----i will go try to reseat and reset what i have---thanks guys and i will relay the results.

Geoff Hall

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wanted to say thanks to you guys---i took the chip out and put it back in again and unplugged the orange wire next to the battery.Everything seems to great in turboland again.I didn't get a chance to drive very far---but if the problem occurs again i will call Capser's and get some ideas from them---thanks

Geoff Hall

1 - 6 of 6 Posts