Date:
Saturday, September 08, 2012

Time:
Track Opens at 4:00 PM

Place:
75-80 Dragway
11210 Fingerboard Road
Monrovia, MD 21770

Race with fellow turbo Buick owners under the lights at 75-80 Dragway! You can either run test & tune all night or have some fun racing in our bracket class. This is also race number four of our six race 2010 MAGNA Points Series. Racers getting knocked out of eliminations can go right back to a test & tune lane. Get there early. Gates open at 4pm. More info on the MAGNA Points Series at MAGNA Points Series.

Right now, we are checking to make sure we can arrive early and about camping information. Stay tuned.

Directions: From points east, there are a few different ways to get to the track. Both, from I-70.

Directions 1 **WARNING - This way has a low bridge. 12'6 clearance**: Go west on I-70 until Rt. 75. Take Exit 62. At the top of the exit, turn left onto Rt. 75/ Green Valley Road. Rt. 75/ Green Valley Road will go south to a "T" in the road. Follow the signs for Rt. 75 by turning right and then make a left turn. Continue on Rt. 75 until you get to Rt. 80. Turn right onto Rt. 80. The main gate is located on the right hand side.

Directions 2: Go west on I-70 until Rt. 27. Take Exit 68. At the top of the exit, turn left. Follow Rt. 27/ Ridge Rd. to Penn Shop Rd. Turn right on Penn Shop Road. Follow Penn Shop Road to Rt. 80/ Fingerboard Rd. Turn right onto Rt. 80/ Fingerboard Rd. Follow Rt. 80/Fingerboard Rd for 3.3 miles. 75/80 Dragway main gate is on the right.

If you have any questions, please post them here or send me a PM.

See y'all there.

·
Registered
777 Posts
9/8/12

I thought the Cecil was the monthly meet?

Kelli

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought the Cecil was the monthly meet?

Kelli
It's a two for one sale. :)

Yes, we did decide on Cecil being the monthly meet. Copied this from an earlier post and it said GTG. It's just a point series race.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Just realized this was coming up quick...week from Saturday. I will plan on going :cheers:

Scott

·
Registered
123 Posts
Looking forward to it!

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will be bringing my grill and setting up a few tents. So, if anybody would like to 'contribute' to the foods to be cooked, that'd be good.

·
'86 GN
1,435 Posts
FWIW two years ago (as far as camping) we went there Friday night and stayed til Sunday AM. I don't know how long the bathroom facilities are available though.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
I'll be there. Hoping to have my car back from Anderson's in time to bring it. If not, I'll be in the ZR2. I can bring drinks, chips, or hotdogs/burgers along if that would help Chris.

·
Will Boost 4 Boobies!!!
2,768 Posts
Anyone have a trailer/tie down straps I can borrow to haul my "wannabe" down to 75/80?

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts
Big Tire Outlaw, 275X, 10.0 Index, 6.0 Index, and Test & Tune
AND
MAGNA BUICK POINTS SERIES RACE...Should be a fun filled evening!!!

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looking at the weather forecast, it almost looks identical to last year. :(

Monrovia Weekend Weather Forecast - weather.com

I spoke with Lisa at the track. They will post rain-outs on Facebook, Twitter, and on their website. We will keep this board and Facebook updated if there is a cancellation due to weather.

Reps, will also get an email in the event of a rain-out.

Let's cross our fingers folks.

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Local weather stations are talking about closer to 60% chance of precip. Weather channel is also calling it. :( Keep your eyes open on here and Facebook for cancellation information.

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
Paulie,
As MAGNA's Race Director, can you tell us how we'll be running this event so there won't be a disagreement like last year? Who from MAGNA will be overseeing this at the track?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Radar is not looking too good...AccuWeather.com for Mt Airy, Md is now saying severe thunderstom warning until 10pm tonight 75+ % Monrovia, MD says until 1:15pm but Mt Airy and Monrovia are right next to each other? Getting a little dark and windy here in Sykesville, MD a little over 20 miles east of 75/80.

Scott

·
Registered
123 Posts
Radar looks iffy. I'm going to check around 3pm and decide then. Hope the storms hold off.

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TRACK IS CLOSED TODAY DUE TO WEATHER!

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm glad they called it early enough for people to make that call.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts