Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to secure the vacuum hoses to the aluminum block on top of TB? Mine came loose and I would hate to have one come off during a high boost situation. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Don't worry about that. They won't come off.. :)

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
I used saftey wire and installed it using the special pliers (that neatly twist the wire).

Basically you take the vacuum block off the car with all the metal lines still connected, then saftey wire them from the bottom. It's a lot of work but with the wire a lot of boost is lost in those sloppy connections. Every little bit helps! powersix

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike--I assume the safety wires are wide enough that they don't cut into the hose. Where can I get the safety wires and pliers?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I found some tie wraps at a stereo installation shop. They are about 1/16 of an inch wide and you don't have to worry about over tightening. Pull until you can't pull anymore. Once they are on, you can't pull the hoses off.

<small>[ June 05, 2003, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: CaPPY ]</small>

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. I will use some tie wraps I have laying around.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Youn know those tie-wraps are so handy. It's usually my solution to anything. Hehe. I work with PCs and tie-wraps get the job done 90% percent to the time. The other 10% is usually solved by the use of a foot or any other blunt object.

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
Benny:
Youn know those tie-wraps are so handy.
In Canada canada we like to call them zip-ties. :p

we use tire wraps on our garbage bags. yup

silly usa s

<small>[ June 06, 2003, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: mOtOrHeAd MiKe ]</small>

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts