Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last winter, I picked up a pair of the Lear Seigler front bucket seats from an '84 Buick GN. The seat foams in these seats are getting kind of tired & collapsed, and I'm in the process of trying to find replacements, prior to getting the seats re-upholstered (the upholstery is beat too). A friend from another site told me that GM used the same seats as an option in some of the '82-'83 Camaros & Firebirds, and I inquired with a supplier in the States who carries replacement seat foams for the F body seats. He replied that the Camaro seats aren't the same as the Buick seats, so their seat foams wouldn't work. These Buick Lear seats that I have are equipped with adjustable side bolsters on both the seat back and seat bottom, and a separate adjustable knee bolster. Does anyone here know of a supplier who might carry replacement foams for these seats? Does anyone here know if its possible to verify that these seats are the same as the Camaro seats? Does anyone know if you could use a regular seat foam, and just cut out the part for the knee bolster, and make it work that way? Many questions, I know. I'm just trying to figure out what my next move will be with getting these seats fixed up. They're too cool not to fix up. Any and all help is appreciated, thanks.
Jeff

·
Where are my hands?
436 Posts

·
blank
2,898 Posts
Post this in the b4black section on the other board?

·
blank
2,898 Posts
yes- they seem to be more aware of the earlier and unique parts :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts