Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever run seafoam or any type of clear engine cleaner on there Turbo Regal before? I've seen a lot of videos on YouTube showing that it breaks up the oil deposits that clog up and create a lifter noise?

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
You shouldn't need it due to your recent rebuild. Alky will keep the combustion chambers clean anyway. You can however throw some in your gas tank every once and a while to clean the injectors. I've used Seafoam on all of our high mileage cars and small engine tools.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You shouldn't need it due to your recent rebuild. Alky will keep the combustion chambers clean anyway. You can however throw some in your gas tank every once and a while to clean the injectors. I've used Seafoam on all of our high mileage cars and small engine tools.
I do know that even with a recent rebuild these cars can build up carbon fairly quickly if not in tune or left to sit for a while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.