Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Not a Selfproclaimed guru
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder how many are out there doing this.I also wonder if there will be more arrests.I am curious of how much time this douchebag will get.

Tow truck operator tied to raft of thefts

82 vehicles stolen locally are recovered

By MATT GRYTA
News Staff Reporter
6/29/2006
A Cheektowaga tow truck operator has been indicted in the thefts of more than $1 million in stolen vehicles.

Ronald Metzger, 49, of Farmingdale Road, is charged with 35 counts of criminal possession of stolen property and 33 counts of offering a false instrument for filing in the first degree.

He is accused of stealing vehicles from streets and parking lots and selling them either for scrap or to dealers interested in parts. He was allowed to remain free on bail following his arraignment before Erie County Judge Sheila A. DiTullio.

The indictment caps a 15-month investigation by several law enforcement agencies. The probe was sparked by the discovery of stolen parts on a car examined by a state motor vehicles investigator last year.

Cheektowaga Police Detective Mark Jedd said Metzger was implicated through his dealings with a Lancaster automotive business that was not charged in the case. He added that the probe led to the recovery of 82 vehicles stolen locally. Prosecutors said the recovery is believed to be the largest in Western New York history.

Neither Metzger nor his attorney could be reached to comment.

Erie County District Attorney Frank J. Clark said Shawn Yost, an investigator with the state Department of Motor Vehicles, contacted the Cheektowaga Police Auto Theft Squad in March 2005 after confirming a vehicle had parts from one stolen from the Hampton Inn lot on Walden Avenue in Cheektowaga.

The investigation also involved Lancaster Police Department, Buffalo Police, State Police, state Department of Motor Vehicles, National Insurance Crime Bureau, the State Insurance Fraud Bureau and the Erie County district attorney's office.

·
Gotta love the autobahn!
2,726 Posts
Not trying to sound like an advocate for the thieving scum of the earth, but did the guy really pose a flight risk?? Did he pose a harmful presence in society?? How much was bail set for?? Did the guy have family?

I don't like the idea of theives having any rights short of breathing and drinking toilet water, but it's probably not too uncommon for thieves to get out on bail. If and when they come back for their day in court is when you nail them to the wall by their ears in the town square and let everyone who's ever had something stolen from them, or might have something stolen in the future, have a pinata festival.

·
Not a Selfproclaimed guru
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheektowaga is a suburb of Buffalo.

Yeah I was'nt saying they should throw away the key and he should not be out on bail but just wanted to post this so you guys could read about it and see how some people make a living out of being a scumbag. Maybe I could have titled it better,like"scumbag nailed" :dunno:

He's probably been doing it for years,got comfortable and then caught.Not sure what bail was or if he has a family(which should have no bearing on the situation).

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
tow truck driving car thieves were not uncommon in Houston. One of my neighbors was on his way home one day and saw his daughter's camaro pass him on the street being towed....alarm going off. It was stolen out of the high school parking lot. Bout that time his daughter called him and said her car was stolen.

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts