Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, i FINALLY got my car up and running after plenty of time gone by, and threw my boss's OTC scantool on there for the first time today, i know atleast some of these numbers aren't right, so i hope some of you turbo-guru's can give me a hand with this.
At idle in park..
IAC: 018
COOL:74
O2:.82-low teens, these jumped all over
TPS:.27
RPM:1000, +/- 50
MAF:007
BLM:105
MAT:033
O2CC:018-002, these kinda jumped all over also,
the car threw a code 45 (rich) and has an annoying off idle stumble, thanks a bunch, Lee

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
forgot to post sig

------------------
87 T-top GN 235" JE pistons, TA-49, 009's, ported heads,206-206 cam, trans+LT1 MAF, AFPR, Walbro 307, stock IC, stock exhaust, 275/50/15 nitto's

·
Moderator/Procrastinator
1,500 Posts
BLMs should be about 115, preferrably between 118 and 138 for best performance. Lower is richer. Bring that TPS voltage up and see if it increases the BLM reading. If not, then the car is too rich off-idle but the ECM can normally correct for it. O2's will jump around from like 1 to 900 until you floor it, then they will give solid reading, no worries there. MAF, MAT, IAC sound good, but that idle might be a little high. If it is really +/- 50 than set the TPS and then let us know where it is, I'd say closer to 900 would be correct although the cam might have something to do with that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, i've adjusted my tps to .44 v at idle, set the fuel pressure to 38.5 pounds with the vacuum line off, and my blm's are still at 105. It still has the annoying off idle stumble. Will dropping the fuel pressure a pound or two bring the blm's up to acceptable levels? It also seems like the idle picks up a little bit once the scantool is plugged in, so i'm don't think it's actually idleing that high.

------------------
87 T-top GN 235" JE pistons, TA-49, 009's, ported heads,206-206 cam, trans+LT1 MAF,Jim Testa street chip, AFPR, Walbro 307, stock IC, stock exhaust, 275/50/15 nitto's

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Set the idle tps to .4, and the wot tps to 4.5. then see what you have. It's not suprising you have tip in stumble!

Get that done, and set the fp to 44.5. www.gnttype.org has the enire procedure.

Here is a shortcut to get you in the ballpark. Back the throttle blade screw all the way out, then go in 1.5 turns. Set the 2 tps voltages, then go 44.5 on the fuel pressure. You should be very close with this.

[This message has been edited by Turbo_Tim (edited September 30, 2002).]

·
Registered
154 Posts
It sounds like you have the scanner set in 10K mode, which will make the car idle at 1000rpms. The scanner needs to be in open data mode(not sure what the correct term is for otc scanner)Your rpms should not increase when the scanner is hooked up for setting idle specs. Idle should be 600-700 range to make idle adjustments.

Joe

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Good eye, Joe.

Changing the tps values won't have any affect as long as the idle number is between .35-.45 and the wot number is over 4.0. When you move the tps with the engine running, you will feel the idle change. But, when you turn the key off, and then restart the engine, the ecm will scale the tps setting and it will idle just like it did originally-as long as the idle tps is in the range above.

The iacs sound okay as long as the engine is fully warmed up, is in Park, no ac, and the idle is around 700. If it is not around 15-30 with these conditions, adjust it.

Crank the fuel pressure up to 42-45 psi with the hose off the regulator at idle.

009s are notorious for the off idle stumble with some chips. Try one of Jim Testa's chips if the problem persists.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Yeah what Steve said, and I should have said 42.5 pounds, static. (Hose off)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts