Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK here goes, when i power up my scanmaster 2.1 it blinks and then it reads 2.1, after that it turns off. I'm pretty sure i have the wiring correct positive to a 12 volt source and negative to a known good ground. Trigger wire is connected to the ALDL connection pin E. If anything i tried each connection in the ALDL port. If my Scanmaster is bad, is it worh to have it repaired? Whom can i call to fix the problem. How much would it cost?

Thanks for the help and advice.

------------------
1986 T-Type

Daily Driver
1991 Lumina Z34

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there any more ways of testing the scanmaster? What do you think went wrong with it?

Thanks Steve and Ed! I emailed him already.

[This message has been edited by xtremexnyc (edited April 08, 2002).]

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
I think it does that when it does not receive data from the ALDL port.

You sure you are hooked up with the third wire to the right pin? Does your aldl port work to get codes and all?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by salvageV6:
I think it does that when it does not receive data from the ALDL port.

You sure you are hooked up with the third wire to the right pin? Does your aldl port work to get codes and all?
I will go ahead and check that one more time. Does anyone have a pic of the exact pin out to where i should plug it into just to be sure? Yes the ALDL port works. I had checked that with one of those sun pro code scan tool.

Thanks Salvage6 for your help

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Manual says ALDL pin E. Orange wire on the back of the ALDL bus.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the Scan Master to work correctly. Turbobob i did the ground test like you said and it did wake up the scanmaster. I ruled out the scanmaster was working fine. There was some corrosion on the ALDL connector. I cleaned it up with some fine sand paper. Put the data wire on and now it works correctly. I just want to thank all who helped out in this matter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts