Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday Artie Paltz aka Artie Putz, Artie Chin aka Artie Chin, Ferret Joe aka Ferret Joe and myself also known as SLOW T went to Etown for the SuperNationals.

In between drinking at the Beer Garden we decided to walk the manufacturers midway, well low and behold ATI had their display of transmissions and convertors.

So being the good friend I am I thought I'd inquire to see where my buddy's convertor was.

So I walked up to the ATI rep and the conversation went like this:

RR: Hi ATI rep, do you have my friend Jim Romanello's convertor?
ATI Rep: Jim who?
RR: Jim Rome.....TSM contender in the Buick TR world.
ATI Rep:What's Buick TR?
RR: Buick Turbo Regal
RR: He sent it in thru Bill Anderson of Anderson Performance Automotive.
ATI Rep: Yes we know APA, known for great customer service and I hear he is a heck of a drag racer.
RR: Yes he is, but in all due respect sir I am here to check on my friend Jim Rome's convertor.
ATI Rep: yes we have it, however we ran short of convertors for our show displays, so we had to use Jim's for educational purposes and there it is right over there on our rolling display all cut open. We really hoped his 3 friends wouldn't have been down here this weekend to see it but ya caught us.
RR: Well I really don't think that is very nice and not good for customer service as Jim has been waiting for his convertor for quite some time.
ATI: We promise after the Supernational are over we will re-assemble and get it back to Bill Anderson and back to Jim asap.
RR: I won't tell anyone what you guys did.
ATI Rep: Thanks Rich.

So Jim I figured we'd take some pics of your convertor, it's in good shape as you can see but it just needs to be reassembled and you should have it back shortly.

Attachments

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
Rich, you look somewhat nauesous (sp?...you know, like you're gonna upchuck) in the photo.

PS...I think I can make out "JR" scribed on some of those converter parts. :yup:

·
Registered
700 Posts
I think it's darn nice of you to look out for your friends Rich.....

Hey!!! what's that in your hand? Is that a hotdog? Your not going to stick that in Jim's converter are you?

·
Got it figured out?
876 Posts
Rich, is that a donut you are holding?

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To address everyone's concerns about how and what I am doing in that pic.

The look on my face was one of anger, angry that these folks had cut up my friends Jims convertor for public scrutiny for all to see. After talking to the ATI rep I feel a little better they are jumping on fixing it shortly so maybe we should have taken an after pic, cause I was much happier then.

I have in my hand a chicken sandwich, cause ya know us fat kids gotta eat while we are down there watching super fast cars.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Who did you speak to? John or Charlie? Those blabbermouths, they told me they would keep it on the DL :D

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EightSecV6 said:
Who did you speak to? John or Charlie? Those blabbermouths, they told me they would keep it on the DL :D
>>> Talked to both of them, one cut it open and the other was the one who put it on the display board for all to see.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I dont know aobut those converters. Didnt impress me.

·
Got it figured out?
876 Posts
Rich, I have to make a public apology for my buddy Jims behavior. I think he should have already thanked you for your concern and letting these guys know that Jim needs his convertor back and enough with the hold ups. Again, I am apologizing for my buddy Jim as sometimes you have to take heat to help out your buddies.

·
I got it figured out
5,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ted A. said:
Rich, I have to make a public apology for my buddy Jims behavior. I think he should have already thanked you for your concern and letting these guys know that Jim needs his convertor back and enough with the hold ups. Again, I am apologizing for my buddy Jim as sometimes you have to take heat to help out your buddies.
Ted,

Thanks for stepping up for Jim, someday he will get "it" but for now he has to rely on friends like you to take up for him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts