Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was contemplating selling her and moving on to either a TTA or going a bit crazy and jumping into an 07' ish 997TT.

I just can't part with it, i had a meeting setup w/ Carmello to have a peek at snatching her up however I believe it's pretty much irreplaceable not only from a $$ standpoint speed wise but in the eyes of my 8 year old son....and I must say, after owning a lot of different cars, I never met a greater group of guys so that is part of the package too. This was my teenage "dream" car, she's staying home. :6: ( you didn't need another car anyways C :D )

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
:6: :usa: :cheers: Glad your keeping it !!

Chuck

·
Master Plumber
1,030 Posts
:npics:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Satan,...

I was contemplating selling her and moving on to either a TTA or going a bit crazy and jumping into an 07' ish 997TT.

I just can't part with it, i had a meeting setup w/ Carmello to have a peek at snatching her up however I believe it's pretty much irreplaceable not only from a $$ standpoint speed wise but in the eyes of my 8 year old son....and I must say, after owning a lot of different cars, I never met a greater group of guys so that is part of the package too. This was my teenage "dream" car, she's staying home. :6: ( you didn't need another car anyways C :D )
She's a keeper Bob i was gonna make it a real street car with mild road race suspension, sport seats,GNX cladding without the GNX badges, nice set of wheels and fat tires (Euro style) but no homey chromies :D, upgraded Baer brakes, removable cage, a real cold A/C,sport seats, a 20 gallon fuel cell in the trunk connected to the factory tank, a custom oversized alum radiator, modified valvetrain for higher RPMs, a built 4L80E and dynotune to extract as much power on her Stage motor set up with a goal of at least 800 to the wheels:eek!:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
She's a keeper Bob i was gonna make it a real street car with mild road race suspension, sport seats,GNX cladding without the GNX badges, nice set of wheels and fat tires (Euro style) but no homey chromies , upgraded Baer brakes, removable cage, a real cold A/C,sport seats, a 20 gallon fuel cell in the trunk connected to the factory tank, a custom oversized alum radiator, modified valvetrain for higher RPMs, a built 4L80E and dynotune to extract as much power on her Stage motor set up with a goal of at least 800 to the wheels
Oh my Gawd :eek!:You were turning it into another GTR!

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
....and I must say, after owning a lot of different cars, I never met a greater group of guys so that is part of the package too.
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mine costed over $50K to build

·
Registered
947 Posts
toy...

Satan is just one of those cars that qualified to be modded like the way i want to:D maybe my Dutts but it's not black :(

·
Registered
947 Posts
Satan..

:gotrice: :kekegay:
hey Hoobs! it's the only ricer that beat the Porsche 911 twin turbo's time by a full second in the Nurburg.. ring in Germany from the factory with street tires:D that was in 2009 the first year it came out (5 years in the making), after that Nissan camped in the same track for a full year to make it even better:cheers: check it out in you tube titled as GTR the full story:D

·
Registered
947 Posts
fast..

here's the reason why i bought a Godzilla check out you tube titled world's greatest darg race done by motor trend all unmodified untouched factory supercars:cheers:

·
Registered
947 Posts
atco..

Took her out tonite in Atco first run on foot brake 11.3 @ 130 with 60' of 2.1, second run was 11.0 @ 130 with 60' of 1.9+, i think Don might have a video. I have to learn how to use the launch control and set the power knob to 4 (20 lbs of boost). Be back on Tuesday with Don (forecast is sunny and high of 75).

·
Registered
947 Posts
atco..

After the track me and Don read some books in the library:D

·
Registered
660 Posts
it was never intended to be a "launch control". That mode was designed, believe it or not, to get you out of the mud or snow. Your better off leaving the line off the footbrake as the launch mode does not load the suspension properly to handle the torque when leaving the line. This is why it tends to "skip" when coming out of the hole. when your stuck the engine stalls at around 1600rpm, so you turn the VDC off and rev it and its supposed to get you un stuck lol they actually tell you that in the owners manual. In fact, all of the Nissan AWD vehicles behave the same way.

i'll show you what i mean at the track rental :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.