Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching an E true Hollywood Story on Sam Kinison. He was always A hero of mine when I was Younger. It told his Story and his fatal car crash at the hands of a drunk driver. In the Renactment they just had a plain TA but when They Showed pictures of the actual wrect car it didnt have the official pace car decals on the door but it did have the Indy 500 logo behind the front tires. I mean no disrespect to the Man. Iwant that to be clear. I would just like to know if one of my personal heros had a TTA. ( The car Ive had for over 10 years and absolutly love). If anyone has any info or evan saw the show Im talking about please let me know. It makes Perfect sence to Me though that He would have one considering when he passed (early 90's). Besides in his HBO special at the end He drove off in a corvette. We all know that when the TTa came out it ate Vette's for breakfast.

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
2,327 Posts
Yes he was driving his TTA when he was killed.

·
8,392 Posts
rastaz said:
Yes he was driving his TTA when he was killed.
I heard the car was officially totalled.(saw the pics too) but some years after, someone was selling the car (fully restored) as Sam's
did you hear that?

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
2,327 Posts
Gothmog said:
I heard the car was officially totalled.(saw the pics too) but some years after, someone was selling the car (fully restored) as Sam's
did you hear that?
I remember reading somewhere a couple years back that someone in LV thought they had his car... They were restoring a TTA and had found the front subframe had been replaced and the firewall had been straightened out or something to that effect... IIRC the accident happened in Nevada and because the car was extensively damaged at one time they thought it might be his... A Kinison family rep was eventually contacted and stated that the insurance company was told have the car destroyed and that they reported that they did... I don't remeber the outcome of the story, if it was proven to be his or not, I would think the VIN would tell the story...

·
8,392 Posts
interesting..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts