Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are these fused by a link, or does one of the fuses in the block protect them? I cannot find one on the diagrams. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
hey steve

i beleive they are controlled by a fuse- i had my aftermarket guages going out on me that were tapped into an ignition port- and it was blowing a fuse. forget wich though.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
John, J is the orange battery wire to the ecm memory.

Somewhere, I thought we had discussed the termnals on the fuse block before...but, I cannot find it...and I don't find them addressed in the diagrams :dunno:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess the safest way is to come off the terminal, insert a fuse, then connect to the wb stuff...that way, I am covered... :)

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
IGN 1's are off the ST/BLT fuse all 3 of them.

IGN 3 is off the A/C fuse.

Always a good idea to use a fuse on the extra circuits in case your added wire shorts it may only take out the added fuse and keep whatever else is on the above circuits working.

Or it will blow the one in the fuse panel anyway... :crazy:

How much current is that thing drawing?

I forget where I wired mine into, the DIY WB version....

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
salvageV6 said:
IGN 1's are off the ST/BLT fuse all 3 of them.

IGN 3 is off the A/C fuse.

Always a good idea to use a fuse on the extra circuits in case your added wire shorts it may only take out the added fuse and keep whatever else is on the above circuits working.

Or it will blow the one in the fuse panel anyway... :crazy:

How much current is that thing drawing?

I forget where I wired mine into, the DIY WB version....
Now, I see them....:)

Not sure what the actual draw is...instructions say to tap the LC-1 into a 5 amp minimum fuse and the XD-16 into a 2 amp minimum...so I guess the answer is...not much current :)

Thanks for the info!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts