Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.russellperformance.com/automotive/automotive_comp_fuel_fil.htm

From reading the Russell product page, I can not tell if Competition Fuel filter part # 650100 will be satisfactory to utilize. It says it's rated at 70-75psi and will flow 130GPH. I think pressure wise it's ok to use (base fuel pressure (43psi+32psi of boost)), but I am not sure what kind of GPH flow requirements I am looking for. Anyone know if this filter would be ok to use in a vin7 application? It's appealing to me because it's so small and -8 to boot.

Thanks.

------------------

Stock Block, Stock Cam, PTE-52, Champion Heads, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3680# with Driver
12.0 @ 116.5mph w/20psi using 17.9* timing

mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Forget it Mike.Too small and not enough pressure leeway.It looks like it's designed for low powered app's.Try an Essex,Aeromotive[Cotton's],or Paxton.Any of these should do.
Stay away form the "cutesy" designer filters.

------------------
Give em' hell!

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Designed for carbureted or injected engines making up to 1,000 horsepower
Can a 1000HP engine use less fuel than we do? Not being a pain, but I had my heart set on this $50 filter. I don't get it.

------------------

Stock Block, Stock Cam, PTE-52, Champion Heads, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3680# with Driver
12.0 @ 116.5mph w/20psi using 17.9* timing

mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Mike,I thought you'd have learned by now.
I know this guy selling a H***A that has all these stickers that make it go 200 mph.That filter doesn't look much bigger than the stocker.I'm betting that 1000 hp figure is optomistic at best,and that would be with a nice loose 40 micron element[great for carbs,lousy for F/I].Get a nice big,high pressure filter with a 10 micron element in it.You'll thank me later.

------------------
Give em' hell!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts