Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Free Door Removal
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What will running rich do to a car's performance? Right now I am at 10 psi now one TurboTweak street chip because I just got it running good and the car will pull like a freight train until full boost is reached then the motor changes note a little and will keep pulling but seems to die down a little, no knock whatsoever, and I DO have correct preload this time.

Will being rich do this, I am ordering some good charge pipe hoses because I used crap home improvement hoses for mockup and startup so I dont want to boost that much with these POS on here.

Joe

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Are you running a data logger or scanmaster? Running rich on top end and it'll fall on it's face.

·
Free Door Removal
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have directscan, gonna have to record a run later I guess.

Will post results

Joe

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
as you turn the boost up, it will run leaner. Running rich will kill the power as the combustion process will not generate as much heat as a leaner one.

Of course, when things get too lean, things start to break :)

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
87bigcut said:
What will running rich do to a car's performance? Right now I am at 10 psi now one TurboTweak street chip because I just got it running good and the car will pull like a freight train until full boost is reached then the motor changes note a little and will keep pulling but seems to die down a little, no knock whatsoever, and I DO have correct preload this time.

Will being rich do this, I am ordering some good charge pipe hoses because I used crap home improvement hoses for mockup and startup so I dont want to boost that much with these POS on here.

Joe
Get a WB, so you can see what's really going on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts