Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Addicted to BOOST
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last 2-3 time I drove the GN it has been running very rich, not to the point of black smoke out the exhaust... but it stinks. I can still smell it in my clothes and it's been over an hour since I drove it.

I threw my lap top on it with good ole Turbo Link and the O2 sensor isn't doing much, staying in open loop and the milli-volts are staying low with the cross counts at 0. If i rev it up it will go into closed loop and I get a little action out of the O2.

I have a spare, new O2 sensor I am going to throw in tomorrow just cause they are easy to change and see what happens.

I have a Turbo Tweak chip...

·
ASSIMILATING HUMANS
98 Posts
cC's aNd 02's sHould bE mOving aT a stEady pacE. ChAnGe tHe 02 sEnsor And rEpOrT bacK. pOsT yOur oThEr SM NumBeRs wItH tHe eNGine wArmEd uP.

·
GN Old Timer
90 Posts
My guess is that your TT chip idles in open loop and if it does, the O2 volts won't change. Monitor the O2 volts and cross-counts while driving around the neighborhood. They should change as the ecm goes back and forth between rich and lean. If the O2 numbers don't change while driving, the sensor is definitely shot.

·
Addicted to BOOST
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I threw my new O2 sensor in and I didn't have time to put the lap top back on it, but after driving it Sunday it doesn't stink anymore... and as an added surprise it seems to have way more power now :D Like so much more that I actually backed off the throttle after tromping on it, I also replaced the crankcase breather filter while I was in there.

now I think I need to make use of the WOT adjustments with the TT chip, pings like crazy at WOT. Don't think I'll worry about that till spring, I'll be parking it for the winter in a week or so.

I read the instructions on the chip after my first post and read that it is an open loop at idle chip, however... the O2 still reads at all times, the ECM just ignores it in open loop.

·
ASSIMILATING HUMANS
98 Posts
iT is gEtTinG cOlD iN youR sEcTor of The qUaDrAnT. whAt are YouR WOT 02's? iF YouR fUel preSsuRe is rIsInG wiTh boOsT tHen ThRoW 3rd gEar fUel At iT tO rAiSe tHe o2's tO nEgAtE tHe kr. eNd oF tRanSmIsSiOn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts