Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
lag,what is that?
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow night.

Gracie has been out of the UFC for 11 years. But when he was fighting in the UFC when it first started he had to fight 3 or 4 opponents in the same night and there wasn't any weight limits like they have now,so he was fighting guy's much bigger and stronger then he was and he would, win. :yup:

Matt Hughes is the champion of his weight class and is 7 years younger and undefeated but has never been tested like i think he will be by Gracie. :dunno:

It should be a good matchup.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I'll take Matt Hughes :yup:

·
Registered
271 Posts
I wondered why this is not going to be a title match?? I wonder if the Hughes team is a little worried about the outcome of this one. I think Gracie still has it and will submit Hughes. Should be a good match though :cheers:

·
nero v. 2.0
3,323 Posts
I'm pulling for Royce, but boy does he have quite the match in front of him...

Will be a good fight nonetheless!! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I am pulling for Royce, but, 11 years is a long time away...not to mention the 7 years :usa:

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
Matt ..the sport and rules have changed so much since Gracie was around ...he was always one to wait out his opponent and search for weakness, now with the short rounds...he my not be as explosive as he needs to be.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Unfortunately, I think Gracie will win with a submission, but I would really like to see Hughes win. He's an all-American farm boy.

·
Registered
389 Posts
unfortunately I'm seeing some politics in the UFC now-so don't be surprised if the outcome is rigged and that this is just to promote the sport and hype it up for more big $$$$$$$$$$$$ seeing way to much trash talking that sounds a little to much like Fake pro wrestling to me :rolleyes:

Hughes has lost a couple fights to submissions before

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
BoostedThrills said:
unfortunately I'm seeing some politics in the UFC now-so don't be surprised if the outcome is rigged and that this is just to promote the sport and hype it up for more big $$$$$$$$$$$$ seeing way to much trash talking that sounds a little to much like Fake pro wrestling to me :rolleyes:

I don't believe the outcomes are fixed, but I do think the hype is mostly fake. The hype doesn't bother me. They do it in boxing too. I just ignore it. I do think there is a lot of anomosity between Shamrock and Ortiz though.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
chrisgarrett46 said:
I do think there is a lot of anomosity between Shamrock and Ortiz though.
:yup: and I think Ortiz would put a whooping on Shamrock. I'm pulling for Gracie but I do like Matt. I've alway gone with the underdog. I think it's BS that it's not a title match

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
YI_work said:
:yup: and I think Ortiz would put a whooping on Shamrock. I'm pulling for Gracie but I do like Matt. I've alway gone with the underdog. I think it's BS that it's not a title match
By not making it a title fight, Hughes will remain champion no matter what the outcome is. That way, he can still have another big payday fight. Managers don't want to combine two big draws into one and lose money.

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
BoostedThrills said:

:mad: :mad: :mad: Wrasslin' Ain't FAKE!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
:yup: :yup: :yup: Can you Smell what THE ROCK is cookin' :yup: :yup: :yup:

·
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
490 Posts
Matt Hughes. I do think the fighters have evolved,and watching the pre-shows on Spike lately Hughes wants to prove the Gracie system isn't the be all end all. Not taking away from Royce, he has proved alot,but I'd like to see Hughes prove his point. :D :headbang:

·
war is hell
928 Posts
Nasty Wendy said:
:yup: :yup: :yup: Can you Smell what THE ROCK is cookin' :yup: :yup: :yup:
No, I can not. what's he cooking? :confused:

·
Registered
131 Posts
I think Hughes will take it, seems like a very well rounded fighter...I'll be plopped down in front of the payperview w/ some friends to see how it unfolds but anything could happen thats why you run the race :cheers:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Tough Call. I would like to see Matt win...but I'm leaning towards Gracie. Even though its been 11 years he still trains and works out everyday. I don't think age is a factor. Matt has been submitted twice...by BJ Penn and Dennis Hallman.

We'll know in a little over 24 hours. WooHoo! :headbang:

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
I think (almost 60) George Foreman could beat both their asses at the same time while grilling burgers and selling mufflers. :sw: :yup:

·
lag,what is that?
2,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I like big george but in the octagon he would be in big trouble even with someone half his size. :yup:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts