Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Start with something simple. Pull out the IAC and clean it with some Carb cleaner then re-install. More than likely just dirty and this will cause your idle to fluctuate. yup

<small>[ March 23, 2003, 08:23 AM: Message edited by: okboo ]</small>

·
JUST TRYING TO HAVE FUN!
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sprayed ALL the vacume hoses and the whole top of the engine with carb cleaner, and nothing?? I had already replaced the IAC 2 months ago and thought maybe it was a bad one so I replaced it again and that is not it?? I am banging my head into a brick wall........ Could the T.B. itself be bad??

okboo:
Start with something simple. Pull out the IAC and clean it with some Carb cleaner then re-install. More than likely just dirty and this will cause your idle to fluctuate. yup

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Could be worn throttle shaft bores or a bad T/B to doghouse gasket.
Maybe even the upo pipe inlet house.

·
Registered
4 Posts
if all else fails, make sure your exhaust is clear. I had a sick GN that slowly lost boost (5 lbs then 2 lbs then none) over the course of 6 months and my gas mileage went to crap. Then one day we pulled the down pipe to run open exhaust and back to 12 lbs of boost. Catalytic converter was plugged. Gutted cat --> 150HP sick TB to 12 lbs of boost beast.

·
JUST TRYING TO HAVE FUN!
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do not have a Catalytic converter,I have open exhaust. I do however have an exhaust leak from the manifold(it has a crack in it). Could this maybe be a problem??

Jed:
if all else fails, make sure your exhaust is clear. I had a sick GN that slowly lost boost (5 lbs then 2 lbs then none) over the course of 6 months and my gas mileage went to crap. Then one day we pulled the down pipe to run open exhaust and back to 12 lbs of boost. Catalytic converter was plugged. Gutted cat --> 150HP sick TB to 12 lbs of boost beast.

·
JUST TRYING TO HAVE FUN!
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I found the problem! I went to talk to a friend of a friend who knows about G.N.'s and after a few things he told me to try we hit on one....He said that when I had pulled the fuel rail to replace the o-rings(2 injectors were leaking)I needed to unplug the wire that runs from the battery to the computer to reset it. So I did that for about a minute and it seems to have worked! Thanks everyone for all your help! I'm sure I will be back with other problems!

Grand Nasty:
Check condition of o2 sensor, or your mass air flow pipe for holes or leak if using solid style. Hope you find it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts