1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
selling it for a friend.......I am selling this car for a friend of mine and I will get back to you with any questions you might have. Happy bidding and thanks for looking Please ask any and all questions before bidding; you will receive a prompt answer. This car is nearly 20 years old. It is a used car and is sold in as-is, where-is condition......car would require some hands on inspection IMHO :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
The air ride suspension probably didn't help it much either.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
???

What exactly is an air ride suspension? Is that the three wheel motion thats in all the rap videos??

HMMMMMMM

More feedback is appreciated.....

Steve Chambers :cheers:

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
artrenee10 said:
Why didn't this make the reserve? Or bidding end up so low?? Something I'm missing here? Check it out..... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=190001732671&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT Thanks Steve Chambers
------------------------------------
So Cal probably has more turbo Buick buyers than anywhere. It's interesting that it was not listed on TB or TBS, which would have brought quite a few calls. My guess is that they don't want anybody to inspect it. I am like 15 Mins away from Huntington Beach, Ca. Selling for friend in some sentences...., the owner says in other sentences...., Air ride suspension.... The new speedometer says 11K, but owner says that..... I am no expert, but........
No phone # to call.......
How many more reasons should I list?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Gary......

Can't see the forest for the trees sometimes.....

The rosewood was blinding for me......oh welllllllll.......
Thanks
Steve Chambers :6:

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
artrenee10 said:

Thanks
-----------------------
Steve; If my response came across cold & smartass, I did not mean to be. I saw a lot of negatives there. Especially no contact info. HTH.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not a prob......

Didn't come across that way at all but thanks for the advice anyway.......

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
artrenee10 said:
What exactly is an air ride suspension? Is that the three wheel motion thats in all the rap videos??

HMMMMMMM

More feedback is appreciated.....

Steve Chambers :cheers:
The conventional springs are removed, and "air springs", which are basically just air bags are installed. They make the car ride a bit on the stiff side, depending on the manufacturer and the installation quality. Some systems require frame modification for installation. You can raise/lower the car, not as much flexibility as the hydraulic suspensions you refer to above as being in the rap videos and such. A friend of mine has the setup on an S10 custom truck, it looks cool but the ride is a bit harsh. Given the potential structural modifications involved, it probably made many potential buyers avoid that car. The air suspensions can be made to ride well, it depends on the kit. Many Lincolns and some full size fords from the late 80s through the 90s used air springs in lieu of conventional coil springs. They rode well, but any failure in the system and the car looked like a cali lowrider. The air bags were notorious for leaking, the compressors sometimes failed and the control system sensors were known to have issues. Any blue oval product with air springs has a shutoff switch in the trunk, which must be shut off prior to raising the vehicle on a lift or during transport where the restraints could pull the body down against normal ride height. It was quite commonplace when they were being towed for the air suspension system to blow airbags apart trying to compensate for the lower ride height. The good part was that if you had an overweight passenger(s), your car wouldn't be scraping the ground if the system was functioning correctly. If you need more info, shoot me a PM. I've been working on the factory ford systems for a long time.

·
Legend in my own Mind
981 Posts
Looked nice in pix

It did have an astroroof, but with no pix of the trunk tag it's hard to tell what other options(G80, LC2, MX0, Y56, etc...).

Wonder what the reserve was?

·
Registered
23 Posts
artrenee10 said:

Thanks
So, uhh, what, you looking for a rosewood? 'Cause I know of one that needs a new home.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Everyone thanks.....

Artie, thanks for the info..didn't know what it was exactly but you cleared it up......

Texas the reserve price was 10,250 I believe....

Searcher, yes I believe I am looking for a rosewood colored T....got any good info to share :headbang:

Let me know

·
Legend in my own Mind
981 Posts
Bit high

artrenee10 said:
Artie, thanks for the info..didn't know what it was exactly but you cleared it up......

Texas the reserve price was 10,250 I believe....

Searcher, yes I believe I am looking for a rosewood colored T....got any good info to share :headbang:

Let me know
A bit high in my opinion for the mileage stated. And I guess a bit high for the bidders as well. Nice looking in the pix but pix can be deceiving.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts