Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after cleaning the gn i noticed what looked like a scratch, turns out its a small crack above the drivers door in the upper corner.
anything that can stop this, besides stop driving the car??

·
Registered
743 Posts
Take off the turbo...that should fix it.

They are common and come from the torque of the motor and the fact that the car is getting old. The frame braces are supposed to stop them. Don't feel alone, most of us have them too.

------------------
1987 GN 14" K&N, Accel yellow tops, adj. wastegate, adj. FPR, XP Armstrong hotwired, 160*-stat, Hooker 2.5" catback exaust, Thrasher chips, shift kit, trans cooler, vdo boost/oil/temp guages, scanmaster v2.1, T-Link, Kirban's front/rear frame braces, Hotchkis lower control arms, variable rate rear springs, GNX wanna-be rims, and the rest is stock as far as I can tell...or too meaningless to list.

1987 Cavalier Z24 daily driver. 3-chamber flowmaster and 135db worth of stereo.

Shaun

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Hey Dave,

Did you ever think about putting your sidebars for your roll bar in when you are running low 11's at 122 mph??? Sorry man, I had to throw that in.

Paul Beal
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Yeah, Dave!
That is what they are for!

The trunk braces may help more than anything other than a cage.

These cars all tend to crack at that point and in the front door jamb just below the windshield posts...would that be called the jamb as well?

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
i got the windsheld post crack and my t-tops are cracking...

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i only have the one crack right now. oh how i hate visable flaws on my car..
maybe ill hafta start using the side bars on the cage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts