Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you come across this "RMI 25" stuff or any kind of equivelent sold in our fine and fair country? My coolant is looking a little gross so I think it's time for a flush and fill.

·
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
490 Posts
I've been doing the water/water wetter mix with which makes my temps sit at a nice place :D

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I picked up some Water Wetter yesterday but it seems to have fallen out of favor with the "gurus". Meh, I'll use it anyway.

·
Gone and almost forgotten
1,042 Posts
I use a product that is readily available....water from the hose.....

That coupled with my original radiator-filled-with-crud keeps my temperature pretty consistent.....

:dunno:

Consistently hot that is.....on a day like today, my elaborate cooling setup could get as hot as 173 deg F......but really I think my temperature sensor is stuck there.....

·
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
490 Posts
Hm. Out of favor due to??...I've only been using it for 2 yrs but my temps always hover around the 160 mark :dunno: :dunno: ..maybe there is a longterm problem I'm not aware of :dunno:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Paul, if you go to the parts counter at Kemptville truck center they won't know what RMI 25 is but if you tell them what it does they will have an equivalent.
Do you know any of the guys at the parts counter? When all the young guys are stumped ask for Pat Kineer.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JC 87 GN said:
Paul, if you go to the parts counter at Kemptville truck center they won't know what RMI 25 is but if you tell them what it does they will have an equivalent.
Do you know any of the guys at the parts counter? When all the young guys are stumped ask for Pat Kineer.
John, that's what I was looking for. Thanks :cheers:

·
1,042 Posts
I'm in for sure.......

If my old lump starts and idles that day, we're hitting the road.....

Now whether she makes it back is a whole other story....

:dunno:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Come on, it's not that bad. You can at least take comfort in knowing that you won't have the slowest car there :D

·
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
490 Posts
I have the pleasure of working. :( ....someone wanna take mine on the journey?... :poon:

·
1,042 Posts
six-3X's-aday said:
I have the pleasure of working. :( ....someone wanna take mine on the journey?... :poon:
:wave:

I'll do it, leave the keys.......

·
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
490 Posts
Except you. I've seen your handy work when it comes to racing.. :D :poon:
I have no tires as it is... :wink:

·
1,042 Posts
Doh.

:wedge:

Next time then......and you're right without tires, what's the point..

"tires is what wins races".......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts