·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
we bought three of them-they work

as YOU know!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I'm thinking about buying one. I've been reading a lot of good things about them.

I was wondering though, on the Loveridge website there's the tables we've all seen of how the airflow is evened out. Are these measurements taken at the lower manifold? (head intake ports) What pressures were seen in the upper intake during these tests?

I don't have any disbelief as to whether or not it works, at low rpm for off idle quality, etc. I just can't picture it working the same throughout a 10-30 psi pressure sweep.

It's like a garden hose, you can direct the spray simply by restricting the end more or less.

Having said that, you can poke at numbers all day and get nowhere, or you can try it and see. And the numbers speak for themselves, I may buy one.

·
Dr. Theopolis
783 Posts
I put mine on today.

Scott

------------------
86 GN, Blue Tops, TA-49, LT1 valve springs, 8Pos MaxEffort, 2 3/4" ATR DP, ported elbow, Adj FPR, Adj wastegate, Walbro 307 (hot wired), tie down strap, K+N, test pipe, Kenne Bell 2 1/2" dual exhaust, 160 stat, Nitto DR's, Directscan, Compaq laptop, Alky inj., Pro Torque 2800 stall in another working trans (#5 and counting)

Minimalism (its the least you can do)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All Flows were measured at the valve opening in the head. All the flows were averaged and then each port was compaired to that average to reflect how far rich or lean the air was, this was cacualated as a percentage of off the average. Turbo TC

·
Registered
81 Posts
I emailed Jason about making them for the Syclones and Typhoons. He thought there wasn't enough made, guess 7700 wasn't enough? I really want one, but haven't got enough interest on syty.net for one. Maybe in a few months, we'll have some buyers ready. I'd like to do a GP sort of thing, to show Jason there's enough to make it profitable for him. Our intake design is worse than the TurboBuicks. Thomas, can you persuade him?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Originally posted by Thomas Cramer:
All Flows were measured at the valve opening in the head. All the flows were averaged and then each port was compaired to that average to reflect how far rich or lean the air was, this was cacualated as a percentage of off the average. Turbo TC
Cool, that's what I figured. (that's how I would have done it
)What about pressures though?

·
Registered
24 Posts
What vendors sell the plate?

------------------
1986 Buick Grand National
TA-49 Turbo, 42.5lb 009 injectors, Hooker cat back, Charged Air Systems V4 Intercooler, BGC 3'' Downpipe with ported elbow and all the other usual stuff.
Buick, Go fast with class

·
Dr. Theopolis
783 Posts
Get it from Cal.

Scott

------------------
86 GN, Blue Tops, TA-49, LT1 valve springs, 8Pos MaxEffort, 2 3/4" ATR DP, ported elbow, Adj FPR, Adj wastegate, Walbro 307 (hot wired), tie down strap, K+N, test pipe, Kenne Bell 2 1/2" dual exhaust, 160 stat, Nitto DR's, Directscan, Compaq laptop, Alky inj., Pro Torque 2800 stall in another working trans (#5 and counting)

Minimalism (its the least you can do)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Fastest way to get a Power Plate is call Race Jace at 1-801-262-1414 He'll ship you one the same day. Turbo TC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts