Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing around with the RJC boost controller today and after some fiddling the car feels good but I cant get it over 10 Psi of boost. What might I have done wrong here?

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It might be the fact that my ECM SOL keeps blowing the 10 Fuse? I'm pretty sure ECM SOL controls the solenoid? As well as the TC?

·
KILRV6, Chris Fasulo
54 Posts
With an RJC boost controller you don't use the factory waste gate solenoid. You simply connect it between the nipple on the turbo outlet and the waste gate actuator's nipple. If you have an adjustable waste gate actuator you set the rod length so it is about 1/8 of an inch shorter than you need to connect it to the flapper arm. This brings the length to about the stock factory setting. From there you adjust the actuator to the boost you want. You leave the factory solenoid plugged in but you take the Y hose off as it is not used.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With an RJC boost controller you don't use the factory waste gate solenoid. You simply connect it between the nipple on the turbo outlet and the waste gate actuator's nipple. If you have an adjustable waste gate actuator you set the rod length so it is about 1/8 of an inch shorter than you need to connect it to the flapper arm. This brings the length to about the stock factory setting. From there you adjust the actuator to the boost you want. You leave the factory solenoid plugged in but you take the Y hose off as it is not used.
Yea about 10 minutes after my post I was like **** that didn't make sense. The end problem was not the RJC controller but a solid plugged CAT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts