Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The gasket we used to use on our TBs has been discontinued for a while now. I want to make my own. I have found the material but am uncertain if it had a stainless steel core or not? Can someone let me know which is correct. The thickness was 1/16 I believe. This is where I am looking.
http://www.mcmaster.com

Page 3264 Graphite sheet

·
Registered
401 Posts
SCE # 4172 copper

Salvatore Lubrano said:
The gasket we used to use on our TBs has been discontinued for a while now. I want to make my own. I have found the material but am uncertain if it had a stainless steel core or not? Can someone let me know which is correct. The thickness was 1/16 I believe. This is where I am looking.
http://www.mcmaster.com

Page 3264 Graphite sheet
I have two turbo RIV's and a Grand national

I have used with success on all cars, the SCE 4172 copper triangle gasket. it is about 10 bucks from summit racing and other buick vendors stock it.

you are talking about the 3 bolt turbine inlet gasket?

Regards, Blackhawk38 Turbo E-body

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Are you looking to buy a turbo gasket made out of that same material? My dad just had a couple hundred made and they turned out real nice. No more turbo leaks!

[email protected] has them I think for $20 a piece.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Orlando_87GN said:
Are you looking to buy a turbo gasket made out of that same material? My dad just had a couple hundred made and they turned out real nice. No more turbo leaks!

[email protected] has them I think for $20 a piece.
Will he sell them thru the store? That would be good!

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
I believe I might have installed the 1st one from Bill. That troublesome leak is now gone and the big test will be how well it holds up over time and are they reusable (asking too much :D). Before using this new gasket I was using the copper ones and they would start leaking after a while without even removing the turbo. Of course, once you remove the turbo you find that nice "hump" is flatter than a pancake.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
I haven't put the gasket in the store yet...

This gasket is .060 thick graphite impregnated stainess core like the Riviera gasket was. I made these gaskets so they don't hang in the exhaust flow like the Riv gasket did. Also tightened up the hole diameter for the studs.
$16 for the gasket plus USPS Priority shipping. Yeah, I know what a rip about $5 shipping. I will ship it in a USPS Priority box so Newman doesn't bend it in half in a padded envelope. I'll put this new item in the store very soon. Link to our store is in my signature.
I'm going to bring these gaskets to Indy along with a pile of GN parts and GN & GS apparel. Of course, no USPS fees at Indy. Look me up at the SpecialAdditions tent at Indy.

Thanks Scottie!! Technically it was the first gasket other than the test mule. :yup:

Bill
:cheers:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Bill. Just purchased one from you.
Sal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.