Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently saved an '84 T-Type from death. I bought it off of a friend and it had sat in a field for 5 years. It has a new 3.8 crate motor, 83,000 original miels and a rebuilt turbo. The 3.8 was never cranked over, it was just put in and the guy lost interest and never did anything else with it. Enter me into the picture here.

$500 later, it was mine. My question for you guys, is what all should I do to make sure nothing goes wrong when I go to fire it up for the first time? Should I go ahead and change the gaskets and seals or just leave it alone?

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Take out all spark plugs and squirt some oil in each cylinder. Turn it over by hand with a breaker bar..

Once it spins freely, crank it with the orange ECM wire disconnected.. do a couple cranks for about 10 seconds a piece.

This may bring the oil pressure up. Then connect the orange wire and light it..

------------------

Stock Turbo, Stock Heads, Stock CAM, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3750# with Driver
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim
11.92 @ 111.77 Race Ready
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Resident Embraer Driver
1,160 Posts
Hot air cars are cool cause theres not many around. like the show says, dont crush em' restore em. I've used two cycle oil in the past for this operation with great success. I think it works better because it acutally burns. my $.02

Joe

------------------
1986 Grand National
K&N and a paperclip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts