1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
I like it! We could get real funky and have a rating system, if they require frequent maintainence (like my steels for retorque), where to purchase at the best price. Believe it or not normal parts house can get most at a good savings. Maybe others will chime in on what things would come in handy.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
how come your steels needed retorque...they ain't compressible. I bet it is your voodoo studs!

I have never had to retorque any of my cars and they have always used steels. :)

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
I guess it is because the extra power I making. I don't know. Mine blew over into the overflow. Still apart now until I get it sorted out this weekend. You would think the studs would do better but Jason Cramer, Red's Hot-Air, AZGN and myself all had to retorque. We all use studs too. Dunno

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Did not know Woody ran steels-are you using a single shim or two per side. (I only run one)

are you putting a thin, and I mean really thin, coat of clear silicone on each side of the gaskets?

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
Yup! Singles with just a skim. Due to the reasons stated Woody now runs Cometics yup

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
Very nice. Nice and clean!

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Nice Mikey Mike! thumb_up yup

Gonna be really helpful too. thumb_up yup

powersix thumb_up yup

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
How 'bout a custom set of Turbo6 cinderblocks and hood/trunk prop sticks. Anything else that would help dress Zap's car up would be welcome.....like a custom Turbo6 blue tarp car cover yup .
powersix headbang

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wanted to record the price of $55 as an MSRP price. Of course with connecitons most of those head gaskets don't cost nearly as much as the price I entered. I wanted to keep everything uniform so comparing prices to another gasket would be apples to apples.. powersix

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mike,

Very nice job on the "Resources" page. Very useful info there. Thanks for making it available for us to use!

·
Occasional participant.
154 Posts
Mike,

I can't wait to blow a head gasket just so I can use the database. Just kidding. That will be helpful if I need it. Hope I never need it.

(Still on the General's original head gaskets.) :)

<small>[ August 23, 2003, 02:12 PM: Message edited by: granitestategn ]</small>

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nice! cheers

·
Registered
955 Posts
nice job Mike-

Can you update the turbo section to include larger turbos than TE-63's?

-GNX7

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, I have all the info here on the turbos but just need someone to enter it all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts