Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm replacing the Turbo to IC hose...ok I can cut the old one off no problem...but....
It looks like I have to loosen the IC to get the new hose on..is this right...pain in the a$$ IC's
TIA
Jim

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I've never had to loosen it.

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
if you warm up new hose with hair dryer or heat gun it should slide far enough down onto the IC to then pull it back up to go onto turbo...or spray inside with wd 40 to get it over the IC inlet "hump"

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
gbsean said:
if you warm up new hose with hair dryer or heat gun it should slide far enough down onto the IC to then pull it back up to go onto turbo...or spray inside with wd 40 to get it over the IC inlet "hump"
I use liquid soap, dries up nice. WD-40 will leave a oily film

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys..as soon as it cools off I'll give it another shot.

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
Brake parts cleaner makes a nice lube for that kind of stuff too. It's slick when wet but when it dries it really bites well.

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
hahahahaha..arn't cars fun ?? ok slime it up and slide it on .. it can be a PITA BUT we know you can do it :headbang:

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Grumpy said:
hahahahaha..arn't cars fun ?? ok slime it up and slide it on .. it can be a PITA BUT we know you can do it :headbang:
LOL..wife said to lube well first too..No lube, it was kind of ruff but I got the job done :headbang: I found my next project, clean the IC. Turbo to IC hose had thick black stuff on it going into the IC...I'll get to that when I get back from AR-Kanasa..

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
If you have the Dutt neck intercooler, then you have no choice. The "adapter" hose won't slide down onto the IC neck. Well, I guess you have the choice of moving the IC, or moving the turbo! But it gives you a chance to clean out the IC.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I don't see how you could possibly get that hose on without moving the IC. Mine virtually butts right up to the turbo. It;s no biggie, just 3 bolts to remove and just lean it. If course, I'd clean the IC if not done in less than a year.

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was going to go ahead and pull the IC and clean, but work called...Everytime I'm working on my cars they call.. :dunno: New hose is on and didn't remove the IC..I little tight, but I got it done..well untill I pull the IC for cleaning :crazy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts