Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM LOOKING FOR A NEW 237 REGULATOR AND EVERY PLACE I GO HAS OTHER BRANDS AS OEM REPLACEMENT(SORENSON-AUTOZONE), (STANDARD-IAPA),ETC. I WONT PAY WHAT GM WANTS FOR IT AT THE PARTS CENTER HERE IN DALLAS. THE REPLACEMENTS ARE 40-50 BUCKS AND ARE THE SAME PRESSURE. HAS ANYONE TRIED AFTERMARKET REPLACEMENTS? I MAY GO TO THE JUNKYARD TO GET THE BOSCH ONE.

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
If you can find "KEM" brand they rebox Bosch. The KEM pn# 143-403

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, new times soon.
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
http://www.modernmusclecar.net

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Smaller independent part stores NOT the big chain stores like Autozone or Pep Boys.

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, new times soon.
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
http://www.modernmusclecar.net

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Guys, aren't there any TTA members around that can sell this guy a 237 reg??

gearman86TTYPE - Also before spending anymore than $20 on this piece you are looking for, I would hit the junk yards and look at the 3.8 FWD cars. They have very similar parts regarding fuel rails, injector harness, and fuel pressure regulator. I believe some of those cars have 237 regs.

------------------

Stock Block, Stock Cam, PTE-52, Champion Heads, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3680# with Driver
12.0 @ 116.5mph w/20psi using 17.9* timing

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've said it a million times. Check out syty.net and post a wanted ad. Our SyTy's came with 237's in them, and alot of us have an AFPR already. I gave mine away, and I'm sure others might as well.

HTH,
Christian Dionne
Sy #1252
Orlando, FL

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
Originally posted by Zap:
I used the Napa one and it worked fine. I tried the sorenson before that and it absolutely would not stop leaking at the fuel rail.

is it hard to meter fuel in cars that don't run?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HEY BIG MOUTH EARL, I HAVE BEEN TAKING MY TIME BUYING THE PARTS FOR MY T THAT I BOUGHT LAST YEAR AND I AM FINALLY PUTTING THE ENGINE IN THIS WEEKEND SMARTAZZ HAVE I EVER TALKED SMACK TO YOU. I HAVE A S10 THAT WILL TAKE YOU ON RIGHT NOW. BRING IT....

·
Registered
507 Posts
The late 80's FWD 3800 GM cars (Lesabre, Park Ave, Delta 88, 98, Bonne, etc) had the 237 regulator. I went junk yard hunting and found so many, I started looking for the one with the lowest mileage.

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
Originally posted by gearman86TTYPE:
HEY BIG MOUTH EARL, I HAVE BEEN TAKING MY TIME BUYING THE PARTS FOR MY T THAT I BOUGHT LAST YEAR AND I AM FINALLY PUTTING THE ENGINE IN THIS WEEKEND SMARTAZZ HAVE I EVER TALKED SMACK TO YOU. I HAVE A S10 THAT WILL TAKE YOU ON RIGHT NOW. BRING IT....

you sure yell alot to be new here. perhaps you should go back and re-read my post. pay close attention to who i quoted.

earl

here's a free piece of tech advice for you. yelling and threatining isn't a realy good way to get tech assissance. (unless of course you're zap, but we lie to him anyway)

·
Registered
22,915 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was a little short there Earl I was a key stroke too late when I caught myself (see my time on second post)Sorry, ZAP is the cause of this I think. I do appreciate the advice and am not really a jerk on the board(or off).Zap will probably take that as a play on words.I can't believe I have been a member for over 6 months.I will go the junkyard first. There is a guy ([email protected])in CA says he can ship one new237 including freight for 50 from a new fuelrail.Zap needs to still bring it.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Zap is just a mean-a$$. It's both genetic and environmental in his case. Just carry on like you have a sense of humor even when you don't understand and things will be kewl.

For Zap to bring it, it will require a car hauler and some guys to push it on and off at both ends. If he beats you with it, it will mean that he is really Superman because he will have to pick it up and use it as a club....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Steve , we are on the same page and Texan allies. I'll send a pic of my money pit soon.
Just got my Felpro gaskets and Racetronix harness/Walbro 340 pump today. S10 is going to the track tomorrow first. The T hopefully by end of Feb.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.