Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Testing Thats no good you can see all my mail!

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Its the Caroll Shelby ad for Hertz but I dont know how to show the link without all my personal e-mail? I can e-mail it to someone? Its pretty good if you've never seen it before?

·
Boost Addict?
2,080 Posts
Try sending the e-mail to your documents or pictures, then post a thread as usual going to manage attachments, browse, then select and send it. :D

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried to add it to pics & I'm OK but the site wont upload it I guess cuz its windows Media Player?

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
cant you copy and paste the link ??

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I rented a Hertz Shelby in 1966. This seems like deja vu to me. :sw:

·
Neigbours r sleeping?
486 Posts
Just a Six?? said:
Its the Caroll Shelby ad for Hertz but I dont know how to show the link without all my personal e-mail? I can e-mail it to someone? Its pretty good if you've never seen it before?

Ok here you go.
:)Carroll Shelby Vid

Later AJ

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Um, don't rental car companies have enough troubles with people thrashing their vehicles without going out and getting Mr. Shelby to do a step-by-step instructional video?

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
Steve Wood said:
I rented a Hertz Shelby in 1966. This seems like deja vu to me. :sw:
I wanted to rent one of these but never got the chance. http://www.xmission.com/~dempsey/shelby/sheldod7.htm

I always had a spare car to drive. I used to see used ones all of the time. I always thought thy would make a cheap and fun Solo2 or autocross car. A buddy of mine was the region champ with his non-rental CSX.

·
4,813 Posts
DCEPTCN said:
Um, don't rental car companies have enough troubles with people thrashing their vehicles without going out and getting Mr. Shelby to do a step-by-step instructional video?
You know I was thinking somebody should spoof that commercial. Show all the tire smoking teenager crap and have OJ Simpson step out and say something stupid like "it sure beats a Bronco". Add you best punchline here.

I am the supplier of parts for all of the GM rental cars in Orlando, which BTW is the largest rental car market in the world. Some of the horror stories I could tell. I can see it now. Some retard gets in over his head and has a crash. Sues Hertz and Shelby for millions because they promoted wreckless driving on TV.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
turbofish38 said:
I wanted to rent one of these but never got the chance. http://www.xmission.com/~dempsey/shelby/sheldod7.htm

I always had a spare car to drive. I used to see used ones all of the time. I always thought thy would make a cheap and fun Solo2 or autocross car. A buddy of mine was the region champ with his non-rental CSX.
I barely remember those. Don't recall them getting much of an advertising splash.

When I looked at the commercial, first thing I thought was about having the handcuffs put on after driving around the Hertz lot like that.

I bet renting one won't be easy...mandatory dl check, etc.

·
4,813 Posts
Steve Wood said:
I bet renting one won't be easy...mandatory dl check, etc.

I went to Hertz' site and couldn't find anything usefull. Some of the comments I've read on other boards say that you get a big pamplet of things you CAN NOT do and the penalties if you get caught.

One thing is for sure. I doubt I will be trying to buy one at auction. These things are going to be like State Patrol Camaros. They may be pretty on the outside but no extended warranty is going to cover all of the broken parts one is going to need in the future. Fords(GM too) are not known for their longitivity with multiple drivers, especially Ford automatic transmissions.

·
Post Ho
3,628 Posts
I heard the Hertz rentals (Cobra GTH) are 350 hp,unlike the other 07 Cobra w/500 hp.Not that you couldn't have fun with 350hp. :cool:

·
Registered
732 Posts
Renting one could run into money.

In the past I rented alot of cars. In about '93, I was in LA. I called one of the first listed companies in the yellow pages. I found I could rent a Lamborgini Countach w/any major credit card. $800 a day w/ the first 100 mi free. They measure the tires and charge for wear. Their insurance was mandatory. I actually gave it some thought. A nissan sentra was $29.95, a 5.0 Mustang was $39.95. I rented the Mustang. I am guessing you can still rent exotic cars in LA.

On a similar note, I passed up an hour in a P-51D for $350. I kinda regret that.

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
wmsonta said:
On a similar note, I passed up an hour in a P-51D for $350. I kinda regret that.
You Moron! :eek!: :wink: Thats on my list of things to do one day.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
There is probably one Mustang in existance at Hertz. I'd be surprised if you can really rent one. It's probably a promotional gag to get people into Hertz, then they find out they are 'out of Mustangs' and then get put into a Minivan.

·
I want a Z06
6,024 Posts
Here is a picture of one that was rented and tracked, and then wrecked. Doesn't take long for people to screw things up does it?

Notice the racer tape over the plate and the front tire is blown.

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
TTA89 said:
You Moron! :eek!: :wink: Thats on my list of things to do one day.
How about some respect for your elders. Mr Moron.

·
Older--but Getting Wiser
2,250 Posts
If I can find one, I'll rent it for the $100/day or so & just "gently flog-it"--whatever engine it may have! I just missed-out on the 66 Hertz's in CA back you know when (& I was cool at the time >25 )! :headbang:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts